Gastroenterology Community
Calcified Pancreas

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Calcified Pancreas

just told I have Calcified Pancreas...one report said Chronic Pancreastitis....what does that mean and what should if anything ...so I do now or not do now ? What should I be watching for? What I read said Pancreas could stop working...is that true and then what...do we need a Pancreas and if we do and it stops...working then what ? Any meds or herbs that would help or foods to eat or avoid? Seems the Pancreas is a complicated organ.....any other tests I should have done? I know nothing and need help to understand what it means and what is going to happen...
For many years a calcified pancreas suggested the cause was due to alcohol, but that does not appear to be true in all cases. There are a lot of conditions that can apparently cause the problem. Your doc is going to be the only one who can truly determine the cause as it sometimes depends on what pattern is seen on the scan and on your past personal history.

Talk to your doc since the health of the pancreas is extremely important to maintain good health. We do need our pancreas since if provides both insulin, and all the digestive enzymes that are necessary to breakdown the food you take in.
id make piece with your god and make your wishes known.
the pancreas is something you cannot live without,so take it for what it is,calcified means basicly turned to stone!!
im being as straight forward as i can,not to scare you,just to not lead you on about you being ok!
i have a good friend with the same thing and he has accepted his faith and made all arrangements for his children exct.
good luck and god speed.