Gastroenterology Community
Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity and the Gastroparesis connection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity and the Gastroparesis connection

I'm totally shocked while reading up on this connection. Incredible stuff. I have gastroparesis, recently diagnosed, and I am furiously researching the right diet I should be on because I know carbs make me sick so I am currently on a low fat/low carb type of diet but I stumbled upon a Celiac website and I could NOT believe the nunber of people who have BOTH celiac and gastroparesis or gluten sensitivty and gastroparesis. I think this is very interesting. I know I have had a horribly sensitive stomach since I was a little girl and way before my gastroparesis diagnosis. I also have selective IgA def which has my entire GI tract sensitive. I think I am going to try a gluten free diet and see if it improves my gastroparesis. People on this site actually claim a gluten free diet will restore your vagus nerve dysfunction if you follow the diet and they are living proof along with digestive enzymes but the big thing was going gluten free.

Does anyone know more about this connection? Incredibly interesting.