Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity and the Gastroparesis connection
I'm totally shocked while reading up on this connection. Incredible stuff. I have gastroparesis, recently diagnosed, and I am furiously researching the right diet I should be on because I know carbs make me sick so I am currently on a low fat/low carb type of diet but I stumbled upon a Celiac website and I could NOT believe the nunber of people who have BOTH celiac and gastroparesis or gluten sensitivty and gastroparesis. I think this is very interesting. I know I have had a horribly sensitive stomach since I was a little girl and way before my gastroparesis diagnosis. I also have selective IgA def which has my entire GI tract sensitive. I think I am going to try a gluten free diet and see if it improves my gastroparesis. People on this site actually claim a gluten free diet will restore your vagus nerve dysfunction if you follow the diet and they are living proof along with digestive enzymes but the big thing was going gluten free.

Does anyone know more about this connection? Incredibly interesting.
Celiac disease can be diagnosed at any age. It is an allergy to gluten. Unfortunately for us with GP, almost all the symptoms are one in the same. Even more so for me as I also have Multiple Sclerosis. I also have IBS and Ehlers- Danlos. Fun times. There are blood tests for celiac but false positives and false negatives are not uncommon. From my understanding, the small upper intestinal biopsy is the only true tell and that is done endoscopy. I am going through that in a couple weeks. Though not a doctor, I say try the gluten free diet. Stick with it for a few months and see how you feel. If you feel better either stay on the diet and or see a doctor for tests. Unfortunately, much of a gluten free diet is about fresh fruits and vegetables, a no no for those of us with GP. I suggest seeing a dietician at the very least and FIRST before going gluten free. No need to get sick due to malnutrition. GP is bad enough on that front. I wish you luck.