Gastroenterology Community
Chronic abdominal distention

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Chronic abdominal distention

I have had adominal (abdominal) distention for 10 weeks now. I was admitted into the hospital last Dec for observation. The Drs ordered a ct scan, abdominal x-rays, colonoscopy and a lower bowel series. The ct showed some inflamation (inflammation) in descendig colon but colonoscopy came back normal. The Dr said he released slot of trapped gas during the colonoscopy in fact after procedure distention was gone. They were going to release
me but within a few hours after it came back. All other test came back normal except they could see the gas in my colon in xrays. The Drs all say I have ilius but they do not know what is causing it. I look like I am about 8 months pregnant and I feel exhausted. I went and had a pelvic ultrasound to rule out any female issues. Everything has come back normal. I truly do not know what to do next and Im tired of feeling like I am going to explode. I would appreciate any suggestions on what I should do next.
I have the same problem. Was this issue ever resolved? Have you done parasite and bacteria testing to rule out?
I am still having the distention problem and they have tested me for everything. My G. I. Doctor told me he has no clue what is wrong and there's nothing else he can do.
Did you ever happen to find out what was going on with all of these symptoms.  I am going through the EXACT same thing right now.  I have every single on of those symptoms and no one can figure out what is going on with me.  I am tired of feeling this way and I want answers.  Just wondering if anyone ever discovered what was wrong.  Please let me know.
I have all the same symptoms as well :( I've had ever test done and the doctors are at the point where they just tell me to function this way....which is almost impossible. Please let me know if you have had any success.