Gastroenterology Community
Cold sensation in stomach, history of blood in vomit and stool.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cold sensation in stomach, history of blood in vomit and stool.

Hi.

I am experiencing a strange cold sensation in my stomach. It started earlier today. My stomach is not cold to the touch, rather the feeling is in the stomach itself. I would compare the feeling to a flow of cold fluid. This sensation comes and goes in short intervals.

Just before this started, I experiences a very short episode of severe abdominal pain. It only lasted like 10 seconds or so, but the pain was quite intense.

Also I have been vomiting bright red blood a couple of months ago and also found small amounts of bright red blood in stool upon inspection lately (definitely blood, no beetroots or such).

Now I wonder if there is a a connection? I read on a website that cold sensations CAN be a symptom of internal bleeding. This was written by a doctor.Though, the medical literature I have consulted does not mention this.

I do not feel extremely weak, pale, cold or have very rapid pulse (it is about 60-80 bpm right now). Quite thirsty though.

Hence, there are not major signs of major internal bleeding. But I am a little bit worried about this cold sensation as it is distinct from what my stomach usually feels like and it somehow feels so strange and wrong. Before I started to read up on it, I instinctively thought "hey, it feels like bleeding in the stomach".

I do have a doctors apointment in a couple of weeks regarding another issue, but as this worries me I would appreciate thoughts, ideas and advices. As I said, I am worried about major internal bleeding. I mean, I guess one wouldnt experience all the classic major symptoms in the beginning and I´m afraid it could get worse fast.

Also I should maybe mention that I have had some heartburn and reflux at times. This is usually helped by over the counter drugs, and I have tried those for this cold sensation but it is still there.

Thanks in advance!