Gastroenterology Community
DOES ANYONE HAVE DIET IDEA'S OR RECIPES FOR GASTROPARESIS?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have been in the hospital 5 times in the last 2 months with my gastroparesis. I take 10mg of metoclopramide 4 times a day and previsade 30mg once a day. I can't find out what to eat that won't end me back in the hospital 10 days after I come home. Someone help please. I am desperate. Thanks

This discussion is related to Gastroparesis.
Stormy, try going to www.gicare.com and finding the suggestions for a gastroparesis diet on that board. They don't have recipes, but they'll give you a good overview of what to eat or not eat.

I'm surprised the hospital's dietician couldn't give you any ideas - did you try calling your doc?
i have had a stomach pacemaker fitted june2010  life has just got better before pacemaker was fitted i was in hospital at least i per month now no sickness at all cant speak highly enough about pacemaker
For gastroparesis, you need to eat small meal at a time , avoiding spicy foods and bulky one.
Hi, Ijust turned 57 in June. I went in the hospital for 6 days in March and come out with gastropresis. I had had all the normal test and flunked them all. I went home with a liquid from the hospital and that ended up being the wrongs to use. I can now eat salt,sugarf & fat free: pudding, jello,broths,ginger ale,animal crackers,soda crackers,vanilla wafers, a little peanut butter, icie pops and vanilla ice cream every once in a while. My husband & I purchased an OMNI blender and now I can get in all the fruits & vegetables needed. In the morning I blend 2 large hands full of spinach,1 head romaine lettuce,1 green apple, a couple stalks of celery and 2 cups of water sometimes I add tofu/yogurt for protein. It's not what I would like to eat but I've gotten to where I crave the fruit & vegatblers now. I've lurned to pack it up and just go. Once we went to Picadilly's I ordered jello & soup it comes with a bread and was charged a childs meal price of .99 cents I took half the jello, joup and all the bread back home. It was good for the moral being able to go out with family. I wish there was a card issued so we could show restaurants that we don't eat much and only be charged a childs price. Best wishes to you and prayers to all the familys dealing with GP.
Betty Joe
There is a card go G-PACT.com and they will send you a card for your purse