Gastroenterology Community
Diarrhea for 3 months

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Diarrhea for 3 months

I have had Diarrhea for over 3 months. Sometimes it looks like pond scum,other  times its straight bile. Any ideas what I might have and should I see a doctor?
Having uncontrolable diarrhea for over 3 months is concerning enough to see a doctor.  If you are loosing weight and or your diarrhea does not look normal I would definately get in to see a gasteorologist, even if it is just for a council.  It might be something that can be controlled.
is it completely liquid?
do you have any other symptoms that go along with it??
You could have a parasite, this happen to my husband that had diarrhea for 3 months and he went and they did a stool sample and he had a parasite, they will give you a pill to take to get rid of it, he was fine in a week.  Good luck.
I had a colonoscopy 8 months ago and have had diarrhea ever since.  At first it was just loose stools but for the past week it has been total liquid.  I have cramping occasionally.  I started taking a very good probiotic 2 months ago.  It has slowed the "D" down a good bit, but last week it has come back with a vengence.  Before I had the colonoscopy, if I took 1 immodium I would be constipated for about 2 weeks.  Yesterday, I took 3 and this morning the "D" was back.  I am a school teacher and school starts next week.  I am at my wits end.  My doctor doesn't seem too concerned about it.  Anybody know if it is associated with the colonoscopy, AND a natural remedy for the "D"?
I do not have an answer for you but I am having the samew experience.
I also had a colonoscopy a few months ago and have dealt with diarrhea type symtoms (symptoms) ever since. Ironically, I had the colonoscopy due to long term IBS-C. I am also a teacher, so I completely empathize with your concerns about starting the new school year.