Aa
A
A
Close
Diarrhea for 3 months
I have had Diarrhea for over 3 months. Sometimes it looks like pond scum,other  times its straight bile. Any ideas what I might have and should I see a doctor?
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Having uncontrolable diarrhea for over 3 months is concerning enough to see a doctor.  If you are loosing weight and or your diarrhea does not look normal I would definately get in to see a gasteorologist, even if it is just for a council.  It might be something that can be controlled.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
is it completely liquid?
do you have any other symptoms that go along with it??
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You could have a parasite, this happen to my husband that had diarrhea for 3 months and he went and they did a stool sample and he had a parasite, they will give you a pill to take to get rid of it, he was fine in a week.  Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had a colonoscopy 8 months ago and have had diarrhea ever since.  At first it was just loose stools but for the past week it has been total liquid.  I have cramping occasionally.  I started taking a very good probiotic 2 months ago.  It has slowed the "D" down a good bit, but last week it has come back with a vengence.  Before I had the colonoscopy, if I took 1 immodium I would be constipated for about 2 weeks.  Yesterday, I took 3 and this morning the "D" was back.  I am a school teacher and school starts next week.  I am at my wits end.  My doctor doesn't seem too concerned about it.  Anybody know if it is associated with the colonoscopy, AND a natural remedy for the "D"?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I do not have an answer for you but I am having the samew experience.
I also had a colonoscopy a few months ago and have dealt with diarrhea type symtoms ever since. Ironically, I had the colonoscopy due to long term IBS-C. I am also a teacher, so I completely empathize with your concerns about starting the new school year.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
12636259 tn?1426395215
I've been having the same problem, I just haven't tested for it yet. It also doesn't help that I haven't had my period for that same amount of time as well...It's like a horrible 2-in-1!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank