Gastroenterology Community
Former anorexic, have dealt with bloating and distention so uncomfy aft...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Former anorexic, have dealt with bloating and distention so uncomfy after every meal

Hi about three or so years ago I went through a long period of anorexia nervosa, I was checking labels, eating barely any fat foods, always feeling terrible if i aint something unhealthy, and on top of that running 10 miles and working out every day because  I thought i was fat. Once then period ended, I immediately began to binge eat at every meal, and would get incredibly bloated and distended (pregnant). I have done all the GI tests, colonoscopy endoscopy etc etc and no one has found anything! i have tried many a diet to see what works and what doesnt, I have been through the psychiatrist and I am in a great mental state-- but because of my severe BLOATING and distention immediately after EVERY meal that lasts four hours and is so uncomfortable (but no pain) I still have bad days and it just takes all the life/ energy out of me. I would love to know if others have this problem, how they cope with it, and if anyone knows ways to just alleviate these symptoms at all, just to make life a bit more comfortable? Would love to hear some thoughts I'm in college and I want to be a doctor and help others when i grow up, I just wish my stupid mistake from high school wont make the rest of my life uncomfy and less fulfilling...Thank you
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Nick, some people find that the bloating could result from the development of a food intolerance/allergy. You might want to keep track of what you're eating to see if you can identify likely 'culprits.' Several of the typical food groups that can cause problems are: gluten (wheat, rye and barley), dairy, eggs, soy and nuts.

Another thing to consider might be food testing.
Blank
yes unfortunately  i have tried all of those avenues! No help
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979