Gall Bladder Issues
Hi There,

I am a 32 year old female that has been suffering with severe nausea, upper right quadrant pain, sometimes to the back, mostly after meals, I have lost 35 lbs bringing me down to my lowest every of 110lbs I have had numerous tests, which were all normal except the HIDA scan which showed a normal EF of 56% but my gallbladder took over 2 hrs to empty into the intestine, with them saying biliary dyskinesia, the test brought on all my symptoms that brought me there, the GI I saw orginally thought Gallbladder removal was best choice, when i saw thew surgeon he said becasue the EF is normal my gallbladder is working and believes it might be something to do with the duct.  I am now sitting in limbo waiting to have an MRI and something called biliatry manometry.  My question is when you have a slow emptying gallbladder with normal EF what is the treatment?  This has been going on since May and I am at my wits end, of not being able to eat, I am exhausted from not eating properly and weak.  Any help would be appreciated as I just want to get this behind me so I can move on.  Thanks!
Crap didnt mean to post this again sorry im new.
It's been a bit since I've checked in, but I do believe you might have the same thing that I have.  I have been going through this for almost 3 years now.  Actually someone on this website is the one that figured out what I had by the symptoms (which are identical to what you are describing).  That persons' id is CalGal.  Hopefully she will respond to help you more.  Anyway, what I have is actually Sphincter of Oddi, if you google it you will get more information and also there is a support group on yahoo that you can join also. If I am understanding this right, it has to do with the bilary and the pancreas. I went to my GI surgeon and he confirmed this and said that I had Sphincter of Oddi type3 and that I needed to see a surgeon that was the "best in the country" for this procedure to place a stint in my bile duct and possibly make a cut in there and this would allow it to function correctly.  I have had this procedure done twice, but I am doing much better now.  I do however still have days when I still have pain and nausea but not as severe as before.  The Dr.'s name is Dr. Lehman and Dr. Sherman at the Indiana University Hospital.  If you would like to contact me please feel free to do so at    connie s rogers @ insight bbcom.  ( type all of this together, with no spaces)
I hope this helps.
Thanks i sent you an email not sure if it went through?