Gastroenterology Community
Gallstones, Kidney Stones or what?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gallstones, Kidney Stones or what?

I have had soft stool, sometimes watery for about a month now.  I am also having pain on my right side.  It started under my rib in the front and is now on the actual side and sometimes radiating up the back.  My doctor sent me in to have an ultrasound of my abdomen.  4 years ago I had one and they found polyps in my gallbladder.  In this ultrasound, they were still there.  However, he also ordered an abdominal x-ray and found calcifications.  Unfortunately, when I heard calcifications, I was shocked and missed parts of what were said next.  I heard "kidney or other causes" and "you need a CT scan".  What is likely to be found?  If it's kidney stones do I just tough it out until they pass?  Is it still likely to be my gallbladder?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Bump
Blank
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  You can't really know what is going to be found on the CT scan.  It might show something or it might show nothing.  How soon is your CT scan?
Blank
My CT scan was Monday. Now I'm waiting for the results. I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting for health results. I also like to be prepared and educated about all possibilities. So, I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had similar symptoms and how it turned out for them.
Blank
By looking up every possible thing it could be, when you'll find out in a couple days, is just going to make you worry more.  I would recommend that you stop googling/trying to figure out what you would do with every possible condition.  Then when you get your results back, you can research your condition.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank