High Direct Bilirubin and Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)
I'm 24, male. I had yellow eyes so I went to a internist. Direct Bilirubin was found to be 0.2999 mg/dl but Total Bilirubin was a little higher than the upper range (I forgot how much exactly). However, my alkaline phosphatase (ALP) was found to be 192 U/L!! AST, ALT, Albumin, Hep B and C, GGT, LDH were normal. Ultrasound of the liver and the abdomen came back normal, thank God. The internist said it was Gilbert's Syndrome.

During the next month my ALP values stayed around 150-200 U/L. On 16 Sept 2010 my direct bilirubin was 0.307 mg/dl and ALP was 189 U/L.

Now, on 3 Dec 2010, my direct bilirubin is 0.6 mg/dl (!!) and ALP is 258 U/L (!!!).

Other test results (3 Dec 2010) are:

Total Bilirubin = 2.0 mg/dl
AST = 18 U/L
ALT = 12 U/L
GGT = 12 U/L

What does high direct bilirubin and high alkaline phosphatase mean (and low GGT) mean? Is this normal in Gilbert's Syndrome? Should I see an internist again?

This discussion is related to High conjugated (direct) bilirubin.
Okay, today I went to an internist and he asked for an ultrasound of the abdomen, which came out normal thank God. He said the high levels of ALP and bilirubin could be because of some infection that cannot be diagnosed. It seems Gilbert's Syndrome never passed his mind, nor did I tell him I was diagnosed with that four months ago. He told me to have Direct and Total Bilirubin, ALP, AST, and ALT checked a month later.

Is ultrasound of the abdomen is enough to rule out liver disease even with Direct Bilirubin and ALP that high?
Liver panel results update (6 Feb 2011):

Direct bilirubin: 0.34 mg/dl (reference range: 0-0.2)
Total bilirubin: 2.51 mg/dl (reference range: 0-1)
AST: 18.34 U/L (reference range: 0-38)
ALT: 16.2178 U/L (reference range: 0-41)
Alkaline phosphatase (ALP): 207 U/L (reference range: 40-129)
GGT: 18.65 U/L (reference range: 8-61)
Albumin: 4.707 g/dl (reference range: 3.5-5)

For my history and symptoms regarding Gilbert's Syndrome, visit:

http://gilbertsweb.yuku.com/sreply/7087/Please-List-your-symptoms-and-details-