Gastroenterology Community
Hives & Gallbladder removal
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hives & Gallbladder removal

I got my gallbladder out just about 3 weeks ago, I m just starting to feel back to normal when I have broke out in Hives.  Very itching!  The dr. did a CAT scan to verify that I didn't have a bile leak because of exaggerated pain and swelling (test was negative for leak) Now hives< could they be related or just bad luck?  any ideas?????
Tags: hives
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sue,
I currently have hives from food allergies, and am having my gallbladder removed next week.  Did the doctor say that you might develope hives from the surgury?  Jsut wondering.

troydon
Blank
756668_tn?1287228987
I am also thinking the hives could be from something you ate.  Or perhaps are you allergic to any medication you might be taken?  I am post op myself 3 weeks..March 31st was my surgery.  Hives it is not associated with gallbladder removal, that much I do know.  I would ask him about meds you are taking.  

let us know hope you getter better soon!
Blank
No the hives where not cause by the gallbladder part of the whole thing, but the urgent care said since nothing else is new in my diet or meds it was probably caused by the iodine used in the CAT.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...