Gastroenterology Community
I am wondering what the pain and dizziness could be coming from...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

For the past four days I have had pain just under my rib cage on my right side with extreme dizziness and nausea. The dizziness is so bad I am unable to work. I went to the hospital and they ran blood and urine tests and everything was okay. They also checked my blood pressure as well. This morning I went for a sonogram on my gallbladder. The technician said there were no stones but said she would have the doctor to look at it. I am wondering what the pain and dizziness could be coming from. Thanks...  
I'm so sorry you are suffering.  I am undiagnosed at the moment but I suspect Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) and Pancreatitis.  My liver function tests rarely elevate and they don't need to be for a diagnosis of SOD.  Whenever I have EXTREME pain, I have nausea, vomiting, tachycardia (rapid heart beat), elevated blood pressure, dizziness and loss of balance.  I'm honestly not sure why but if you do a web search for "causes of dizziness", you'll see that most of them list nausea as a cause.  Here are some links that might help:

www.emedicinehealth.com/dizziness/page2_em.htm
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dizziness/DS00435/DSECTION=causes
www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-causes-of-dizziness.htm
www.medicinenet.com/dizziness_dizzy/page10.htm

I hope this is something simple and not gallbladder-, pancreas- or duct-related.  My gallbladder was removed last May and I'm still severely suffering from the same symptoms as before.  I want better for you!

All the best,

Sam
had a bad few weeks started by just feeling dizzy just in different parts of the day day nothing made it better and nothing made it worse.
fainted at work and taken to a&e blood preasure and tempature was done and an ESG evrything was normal so they sent me home. Just rested still felt dizzy
Next day went to the doctors who seemed puzzled about my dizziness, weakness and felt like my heart waS beating really slow he arranged for blood testswhich came back fine went home and rested had a bad night trying to get to sleep felt dizzy and like i couldnt breathe.
Next day went for my blood tests feeling really ill dizzy and weak then after that went home and got some rest still struggling with dizziness and felt to weak to talk like i had to concentrate on my breathing rather than talking.
Still feeling really ill so went back to the doctor i felt really sick like i had to concentrate on my breathing and like i was going to faint. She did some physical examination and gave me some betahistine hydrochloride to try and help with the dizziness. i tried going for a walk to get some air waiting for my perscription i thought i was going to collapse i was struggleing with my breathing. I got home feeling really bad and then fainted again so my partner took me to A&e who again said everything seemed fine and said that i have a viral infection but would it really make me this bad no one seemed to be helping me i cant work or do anything since taking the tablets the dizziness has eased off a bit i still feel really tierd and weak and my left side feels like theres a shooting paing down to my ribs and feels tight like my heart seems a tingiling feeling and my legs keep going really hot aswell.
At the moment i feel when i turn over if im layed down or get up i get i shooting pain down my left side like down to my ribs and still feel dizzy and loss of appitie
I am in your same boat. Tell your Dr. you want a HIDA scan. I had been feeling generally ill for about a year until they diagnosed me. I went through everything, blood tests - fine, EKG - fine, urine tests - FINE, catscan - FINE. They did the HIDA scan and realized my gallbladder was functioning at 15%, which is not good. If my cousin wouldn't have told me about it, I would be still puzzled as to why I was feeling this way. She ensured me that it would tell if I had disease or not, and she was right.

I was scared of surgery, so I went about my business and just tried to eat healthy. Now I'm sitting here with dizziness so bad I want to fall over. My head feels like it's going to explode and I can't concentrate. It feels like I'm floating. I'm having trouble concentrating on my thoughts and am having trouble with my motor skills.

I hope this is just my gallbladder acting up, as I have ride side aches along with it. Would love to hear more about your dizziness, did you have headache with it? Did you feel a tightness in your head??
Hi there:

If you're still around medhelp.org, could you let us know how you're making out?

All the best,

Sam
I have been feeling nausea for the past 4 weeks I have had vertigo before but this is the same feeling but without dizziness. when i wake up in the morning i am OK for the first 30 min but then i start getting nausea and my head feels not bad but not good either I began to throw up and the only way i am not sick is if i eat and never stop. I can not be preg because i had a tubal 14 year ago. what is wrong with me help please i am so sick      
I'm so sorry you are suffering.  There are so many causes for nasea, I don't have a clue what could be causing it.  Why you feel better on a full stomach?  Again, I don't know.  Could you create a new post with a title something like, 'Severe Nausea ~ Improved on Full Stomach ~ Need Help!'?  Hopefully someone will recognize those symptoms and help out.

All the best,

Sam