Gastroenterology Community
I have what?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have what?

Yesterday was my colonoscopy.  I am 50- no problems.  I was not told anything- only my husband- like he will remember anything said!   I was just told, oh yeah, the doc said you were fine except for a stained colon from herbs, like creatine.   Can you comment on this?
Creatine doesn't stain the colon. Stimulant forms of laxatives that contain anthraquinone compounds do. I believe it's called melanosis. Also, there are some foods like rhubarb that can 'stain' the cells of the colon if enough of it is eaten (but it would have to be a heck of a lot).
I've had pain in my upper left abdomen for 2 months now and had a colonoscopy.  It came back clear, but they showed me pics of where it was stained, and it was brownish with little bumps due to the fiber pills that I take.  They said it was nothing to worry about and wasn't the cause of my pain, so I guess there's nothing wrong with a stained colon.