Gastroenterology Community
I smell like poop all the time

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I smell like poop all the time

For the past year, I have suffered from a mysterious condition that is really messing up my life.
people near me cover their noses and cough sometimes when I'm near, and it just hurts me so much because I don't know what to do other than bathe.. I was two times a day and always put on deodarant.
So why is it that I smell like so bad?
The time it started was when I was in a situation where I was trying to keep myself from going to the bathroom..
I had to delay at the moment, so I held myself in for, well, two to three days.
But ont the third day, trung to hold it in, I passed a small amount of gas- and from there, my whole life changed.
People looked around and stared at me, bribing their hands up to their noses as I was near.
This is SO embarrassing to talk about,.. But I really need help.
I can't even visit the doctor because I am devestatingly embarrssed.

My diet consists of medium amount of fruits and vegetables, and I usually eat a lot of grain.
I always eat a yogurt a day..
The smell gets worse when I get nervous- I think the problem has to do with my muscles or tissues and not my digestive system..
I really need to be able to go out in public without not being able to raise my head.
Why do you think that it isn't your digestive system?  Without going to a doctor, you could try a probiotic or try eliminating all lactose.
I also had this problem. Mine has basically gone. It is good that you have a high fiber diet but you do need to go to the doctor. They had heard a lot of things, so go for it.

You also need to seek professional help because what you are experiencing may come from several things. My suggestion is to pray first and remain faithful that you will be rid of this. You know that you were not always like this, so you can be restored.

Through my recovery, I found that acid relief medicine was necessary. My food was not digesting properly due to too much acid in my stomach. I also had an anal fistula. This had to be treated with medication. There is the possibilty of it coming back but so far mine has not. Having good bowel movements help keep fistulas at bay. I also had to watch what foods I ate because things like coffee, milk,  and cabbage caused my bowels to move rapidly and they do not always digest properly. When I went to the bathroom, my urine and bowel would smell just like these foods. I can eat these things but in moderation. I also do anal muscle strengthening exercises. This helps strengthen the anal muscles so that they close properly. Just remember that you are not alone and that there is always the possibility that you can be healed. So be encouraged.
listen LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN I MAY HAVE THE CURE BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO TELL ME FIRST IF IT WORKS SEEE I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM YOU DO UUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE NEXIUM OR PRICOLEC THEYRE SOLD AT CVS TELL ME IF IT WORKS IAM MORE EMBARRASED MY FAMILY KNOWS BUT THEY DONT SAY ANYTHING THEYRE CRAZY BUFFONS                                BUT YOU CAN DRIVE!!!!!!!! GO TO CVS BUY NEXIUM OR PRECOLEC ESPESSIALY PRICOLEC AND TELL ME IF IT WORKS PLZ IAM DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM WICH DESTROYED MY 7TH AND 8TH GRADE YEAR        HELP YOU  HELP     ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2 WEEKS TO SEE DIFERENCE I WAS TOLD TELL ME IF THAT TRUE PLZ LETS WORK TO GETHER ON THIS WE BOTH KNOW THE HORROR IT CAUSES
I developed intolerance to the OTC PPI's.  Another good one to try is an older one called Protonix.

Also, many of us are prone to IBS as well as GERD.  Or, at least these are amongst the most common ailments that can cause such symptoms.  I would suggest joining one or both of these forums, as they have useful insights for dealing with the symptoms you're describing.

It's true about PPI's also causing colon issues.  I have found, though, that in time those symptoms improved when I started using the Prontonix.  
c a doctor
I know how all of you feel. I suffered from this same condition for years. And then I finally decided to fast and pray and ask my Savior Jesus Christ to heal me from this condition. While I fasted, I continually prayed and asked God to have mercy on me and heal me from this condition, and I also read His word as often as I could. At the end of the fast, I asked to be healed in Jesus’ name, and I had faith and believed that what I had asked for, He would do for me. Our answers are in the Bible:

1 Peter 2:24: “He Himself bore our sins” in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by His wounds you have been healed.”

John 14:13: And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14: You may ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it.

Mark 11:24: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

If Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior, ask Him to heal you! God doesn’t lie, so His word is true! So when you ask, have faith in God and believe His Word, and believe that He has healed you!
Fasting is the best therapy for abdominal disorder. If you cannot remain without food, you may have khichadi fast. Khichadi is a mixture of Rice and Dal. You may find recipe of this mixture. you can remain on this for 10 to 15 days. you may add some vegitable if you want. This is suggested by anmolmehta.com , a yoga website. In fact, I am starting this therapy form to morrow. I am alone at my home as my son and his wife have on 11 day trip. I am utilizing this opportunity to try khichadi fast therapy.  Wish you best of luck.

I have had this problem since I'm 18 years old! How I've lived with this problem so long, I don't know! How I've kept a job, I'll never know!! I smell every day. Showers & baths don't help. I've gave up on doctors a long time ago when I first was hit with this. I was laughed out of most of their offices. But, that was a very long time ago. I'm just coming across these websites, so maybe there is help out there. It's so embarrassing. There has to be something wrong in my (our) digestive tract. I've tried all type of over the counter things, but nothing changes anything. Maybe I'm not doing it long enough to work? Some mentioned in these comments I haven't tried. I'm desperate... I need help!!

I've been a born again Christian for over 30 years, while living with this condition for over 35 years. I've been praying every day for my Savior JC to take this cross from me. I know my Lord can & will take this from me if it's in His will! Maybe I'm not deserving of His help? All I know is that I'm not going to be mad at God. If I'm to live with this embarrassing problem, then so be it. I just can't wait until He takes me home, and I'm in my new body that doesn't smell. Please pray for God to heal me, soon.

I have this problem as well! It sounds like your young? I'm 56 years old & have lived with this exact problem since I'm 18!! I don't tell you this to scare you, but I tell you because it's my story. I try every day to find something or someone who can actually help me. I'll try some of your suggestions to see if they work. I hope they do!
Years ago I posted how Jesus had healed me. I realized that I hadn't made any posts since that day until two days ago when I received a message from another medhelp user asking me if I was still healed. The answer is yes, I am still healed! I'm going to paste what my response was to that medhelp user (I would post it right in this post, but it exceeds the 8000 character limit). Hopefully it will bring you all some hope. Fight the good fight of faith (1 Tim. 6:12)! Feel free to message me; I'll stand in faith with you. I'm praying for you all.---
I had posted it but then received a messag from MedHelp Saying that religious  posts aren't allowed on this forum, so they deleted it. Feel free to message me if you would like to know. Also, Google andrew wommack to watch episodes and listen to podcasts on healing.