I think i might have a hernia
Hi i'am 25 years old and i think i might have a umbilical hernia... about a month ago  i noticed this small bludge on the left side of my bellybutton, its that normal? cuz any picture i have seen the hernia covers all the bellybutton... it hasnt got any bigger over the time and doesnt hurt all that much. I really dont want surgeory. is it safe not to have surgeory?
Well, I have an umbilical hernia.  My gastroenterologist checked it out for me and told me what it was.  He said he didn't need to do anything to it, it was fine left alone.  It hurt for a few weeks, and gradually the pain went away.  But I still have this wierd-looking belly button, so eventually on my own I'll get someone to put a few stitches in there.  Soooo, could be you do have a hernia there, umbilical or not... I think that's just a term to localize where it is.  I think next time you visit a regular doc, have them push around on it and see what they think it is, and what, if anything, should be done, just in case it's a little benign growth instead of a hernia, or in case it's a bad hernia that does need some stitches.  I wish I could just outright say it's safe to leave it as-is, but all I can do is relate to you what I know about my own hernia.
ok thanks for the response to my question