Gastroenterology Community
Ibuprofen

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Ibuprofen

about 5 days ago i was really drunk and I took about 7 ibuprofen 800 mg pills, about 3 days ago I ate some really spicy pork food and my stomach started hurting since. I have been vomiting and my stomach hurts a lot I feel bloated. Is this due to food poisoning or the Ibuprofen  
whenever i take even one 550mg (naproxen) ibuprofen and then drink, my stomach gets tender and bloated and i feel bad. i usually take a maalox or something like that, yet i never throw up from it so i don't know if that's applicable for you. i think it is due to the ibuprofen, but if you're not used to eating spicy foods then it could have disagreed with you, not necessarily meaning food poisoning. you should never drink and take NSAIDs at the same time.
Probably both.  Never take that much ibuprofen at one time.  Food poisoning usually ends within 24 hours after you present withsymptoms, through vomiting and diarrhea ridding your body of it.  Since you are having stomach pain you really need to see your doctor, as this isn't the flu either.
You need to go to your doctor immediately. The maximum dose is 3200mg a 24 hr period and you have trippled that. That is a dose that can be very harmful especially when you add alcohol to the mixture. I think you have liver poisoning from the 5600mg that you took along with the alcohol. You need to call your doctor immediately. Here is some stuff for you to consider. I am not a doctor but I can tell you that I am pretty certain that you did some damage to your liver. Consequences of Ibuprofen overdose: According to research institutes, Ibuprofen overdose damages your internal organs like liver. While in some cases it has been reported that it has result in a permanent liver damage, in other cases where the victim was taking the dose for a long and continued period it has resulted in organ failure one by one.

Some more side effects are unsteadiness, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, gastrointestinal, nausea plus vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, probable loss of blood in intestinal areas or stomach or both, headache, agitation, drowsiness, incoherence and confusion etc. Sometimes more serious symptoms are also noticed in some victims though very rare such as seizure, gastrointestinal bleeding, metabolic acidosis, respiratory depression, hyperkalaemia, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, coma, hepatic dysfunction, renal failure, cyanosis, and cardiac arrest etc.