Inactive Gallbladder-hidascan
I have pain in my right side for the past 4 months and had an ultrasound and MRI which came back negative with no gallstones. I recently had a hidascan and the result was a non-functional gallbladder only contracting at 4%. The symptoms  I am experiencing is trouble digesting my food and at times a aftertaste of fat. My GI said my gallbladder should be removed because of the inactivity. I have recently spoke with a couple of alternative medicine contacts and they say I should hang in there and take some supplements and watch my diet (low fat) and try to jump start my Gallbladder. Obviously the gallbladder serves a purpose and if you have it removed the pancreas and liver have to work harder. Can someone give me their experinces with this or some supportive feedback.Note: I have not experinces any gallbladder attacks with these symptoms.
I had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago. I have not experienced any problems other than having more gas. However, I was having sever attacks.
Did the alternative medicines people tell you that your gallbladder could be infected .I had the same thing happen it took them a month to figure out what was wrong .I had an ultrasound normal no stones ,mri normal no stones ,cat scan normal no stones .Still sick as all get out My GI doctor said lets try a hida scan .It came back at 12% he sent me to the surgeon that day three days later he did surgery .Not only was my gallbladder jam packed full of stones it was infected .He said if it had sat there much longer it would have started to turned  gangrene.II have had very few problems since it was removed red meat gives me a little trouble but not enough to stop me form eating it .Talk to a surgeon get his opinion.
Thanks for responding. What symptoms were you experiencing before you had the gallbladder removed? Besides pain did you have a fever, upset stomach..etc..etc..
pain , burping, upset stomach alittle acid reflux
nausea and alot of car sickness...