Gastroenterology Community
Intestinal Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Intestinal Pain

I'm a 55 year old male.  2 1/2 months ago I started have a pain a couple inches under my navel (my doctor identified it as small intestine) that never goes away.  The pain is always in the exact same spot.  Sometimes it only hurt to touch, but other times it caused more pain.  The pain has gotten more severe over the last month.  If I do physical activity it feels fine while I'm participating, but an hour later I throw up.  Bowel movements haven't changed.  I don't feel nauseous, but do feel bloated quite often.  I've had an ultrasound, a breath test for ulcers, and a barium swollow.  All tests have come back negative.  It's getting to the point where I can't get to sleep at night because of the pain.  What do I do next?
Tags: bowel
Have they checked to make sure you don't have any kind of blockage? Even a partial blockage can cause pain even if things are "still going through". You might want to ask for a Cat Scan, ultrasound and/or an Upper GI with lower bowel follow through. Have you ever had a colonoscopy? If so, how'd that turn out? I'd keep at the doctors. Any time you have pain, that's not normal and you should not just have to live with it. I hope they find out soon what's going on. I wish you well.
I had similiar pain and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. They did CT scans on me and the breath test to look for blood clots in my lungs and found my intestines were inflammed and infected for some reason. 3 weeks later the pain is somewhat gone. I still get tinges of it though and i am afraid to eat and go to the bathroom. Going to a specialist soon to find answers, i will keep you posted.