Left rib cage dull ache
Hi!
I'm new here. Many of you have posted on left rib cage pain, but I didn't see any posts that quite fit mine.
I'm a 33 year old female. For the last 3 weeks I've had this dull ache under my left rib cage. Doctor said I strained a muscle, but Ibuprofen doesn't relieve symptoms. If I lay on my back, the symptoms seem to go away. Laying on my side, sitting tends to irritate it. Walking, exercise doesn't seem to bother it either. During stressful times it seems to worsen. For some strange reason the pain seems to be more noticeable on the weekends and to heat exposure, hot showers, if my hand is holding it too long, etc...
My diet hasn't changed. I don't eat too bad. I drink 2-3 drinks on the weekends. I also noticed a post that someone wrote about drinking cocoa. I drink a powdered cocoa M-F in the morning.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
I have similiar pain for over 2 years now, due to an enlarged spleen.  Been 2 three specialist and no answers.  Get an ultrasound done, that is a good place to start.  I am currently trying to have my spleen removed, but is hard to get it done when they dont know the cause of enlargement.  U may have gastritis or GERD also, so just see your doc.
Thanks for your reply! I'll definitely get an ultrasound done. Is yours also a dull ache? Mine doesn't have a sharp pain or radiate to the back. I noticed if I lean to one side, the ache completely goes away for a few seconds, then comes back a little stronger. Same on both sides.
Thanks again! And good luck!