Left side abdominal pain
Well I've been having a sharp pain in my left side along with nausea, sometimes vomiting, fever, and then diarrhea. It comes on very quickly at anytime and usually lasts for about an hour. I've also had blood in my stool. This has been going on for a few years now and the older I get the more concerned I am. It happened the other day and the pain in my side was so bad I couldn't even stand up. The pain is unbearable. I'm only 18 and pretty healthy. What could it be?
You really need to see a doctor.  It could be a bunch of things but if the pain is unbearable you need to be seen as soon as possible.
Yea I actually saw a doctor about it for the first time yesterday. They did some blood work and it came back fine except for my cholesterol was high which was strange because I eat really healthy and work out. They're gonna do a colonoscopy on me and I've never had one so I'm a little nervous. I just hope there's nothing seriously wrong with my colon.
A colonoscopy sounds like a good idea.  The worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep.  You basically spend the day near the bathroom having diarrhea and the liquid tastes bad but the actual procedure isn't bad.
Are you awake during the procedure? Or do they put you to sleep?
You get sedation during the procedure so some people remember some of the procedure and some remember nothing.
Oh ok well I guess it won't be that bad then. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong. Thanks!