Gastroenterology Community
Left side pain, abdominal pressure, and decreased appetite
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left side pain, abdominal pressure, and decreased appetite

Hi. I am a 33 year old, physically fit male who has had pain under my left rib cage on and off since November. The pain is generally from the tip of the rib cage to the soft tissue about an inch/inch and a half away from the lower half of my ribs. When I first went to the doctor, I was told it was muscular and that it would go away. The pain has disappeared and reappeared until recently, when it decided to become a daily ordeal (dull and aching,for about the last two weeks) with a feeling of pressure. On occasion I can feel pain on the exact other side in my back. Additionally, the pressure in my abdominal area has caused an increase in my blood pressure, which has been attributed to muscular discomfort. I have not had any constipation, fever, jaundice, changes in urination, or nausea; only a decreased appetite (I am eating about 1 meal a day and cereal occasionally at night, with no weight loss). I am not the kind of person who normally complains, and would appreciate any thoughts you have. ThankYou.