Gastroenterology Community
Lialda and weight gain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lialda and weight gain

I was told that I have inflamation (inflammation) in my small intestine after having the pill cam done so I was put on Lialda. It works great. I have actually been able to go to the bathroom without Milk of Magnesia or other stool softeners. I have noticed that I have gained alot of weight in a short time though. About 10 pounds in 2-3 weeks. Has anyone experienced weight gain with this medication? Is this just water retention? I am not happy about it!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have actually been on Lialda for a year and have experienced a gain of about 5 lbs. In hopes of loosing those 5 pounds I have been working out basically 4 days a week since May doing pretty high intensity work outs like running 3 miles and taking spin classes - i have not lost a single pound!!!!...im looking for answers too! I was thinking that maybe it makes it difficult to loose weight. if you find any answers I'd love to know!
Blank
I started on Lialda in February 2009....gained 10-15 pounds within 3 weeks.  I have always been thin, I didn't even gain weight when I was on steroids!  I have been working out and watching what I eat, but I can't seem to shed the pounds I gained.  I even had a flare-up this winter (I usually drop 10-20 pounds during a flare) and didn't lose a single pound.  I can't find any information about Lialda and weight gain.
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979