Gastroenterology Community
Liver Enzymes Values High ALT

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Liver Enzymes Values High ALT

I had pain on the upper right abdomen.. gastro told me to get a sonogram and blood test..
The sonogram hasn't come yet.. but the blood said that everything was normal exept the ALT that was on 97

Does this means that i Hepatitis

He told me that i got to get checked for hepatitis.. But i thought that for hepatitis the value must be very high..
Can someone give me advice on this matter and whats the rate for a patient with hepatitis..

Im scared..
Anyone??
hi

normally mildly raised ALT only is due to fatty liver, i know somone who had mildly raised ALT of the 80s 90's 100's it will go up and down,

if you drink alcohol, its better to stop drinking (alittle alcohol can cause fatty liver in some peoepl), also try avoiding sugars and eat healthy, some people have it due to some kind of intolerance like sugars, being over wieght can cause it, heard theres a connection with coeliac disease too. The fatty liver is very common and can be reveresed normally by being on a good diet, losing weight, exercising, stopping alcohol. So i wouldnt worry too much apart form focus on being healthy.

you will get pain with fatty liver as i heard it stretches or irritates other areas in that area, as you dont feel liver pain normally.

also i have heard of some cases where ALT was raised due to somone exercising just before a test, id say a few more tests should be done to see if it remains mildly raised, ultrasound is the next step to confirm if its fatty liver,  in acute it normally jumps very high and then returns back to normal too, in chronic its mildly raised for a long time,

you probably will be neg for hep viruses (hopfully). But yeah get tested for them anyways, so then you will know that if its not hep then only you can fix the liver function by starting the health plan, the liver heals very wel, good luck.

Thanks for the response..
They did a sonogram, ultrasound cause the thought it was the gallbladder..
But it was fine..

I don't feel pain, but definitely there's something bothering me inside..
Like a small pressure...
The doctor wanted to check for HEP, so i did lab test today for all the HEP..

I scared thou.. Your answers calmed my nerve a little bit..
But im scared it could be HEP.. Can it be HEP, with that value of 97???

What can it be?? and how can they know what it is??

Thanks again for the response, very generous and it helps me to understand somthing thats out of my knowledge..
Thanks, Thanks!!

Anyone can help me on this!!
Or anyone with knowledge that can advise me..
the alt your getting means theres some damage, it can be hep, thats why they are testing for it, but most likely its some kind of fatty liver issue, its soo common to cause mildly raised alt, i've had it myself thats why im telling you from experience, its so scary and you get stressed and woried when having the blood test, but all your stress will go when it comes back negative, as then most likley its the fatty liver and you just need to get on the healthy side.ey should be back soon.

theres autoimmune hep too, did you test for that, main thing is you testing for the hep viruses, hold on in there, find out also how long  your Alt has been raised, has it been raised in the past too, its good to know,
Ive been feeling like a small pinch in my right low side...
It comes and goes..

Could this be related???