Medicine- living without large intestine
My mom had a surgery 3 years ago and the have removed her large intestine. HEr life quality has decreased a lot, because she has diarrea, and sometimes can´t get to the bathroom. I would like to know if there is a strong medicine, so as to avoid diarrea for these cases. Can you help?
i'm guessing they removed her intestine because it was full of helmins or bacteria.  if you know of a naturopath that has bio-resonnance testing or bio-meridian, they can sometimes put you at ease, they do it all the time so it's no big deal.  it's quite a difference talking to these people since they understand gastro problems and 'undiagnosed' bacterial infections.  they can give you a printout of problems, then you'll have to go from there.   my mom went through the same, if not worse; now i'm going through it but want to prevent it.  if i can help let me know.
I had my large intestant removed 14 months ago due to due inertia. Diarrea was a problem for a while but these are a few things that have helped. Small meals 6 x daily, probotics, liquid vitamins, potassium, calcium. Antidiarrea medicine as needed and power aid lots daily to prevent dehydration. Also alcohol I have found makes diarrea worse and will dehydrate you faster than most people. I dealt with severe muscle spasms and found the potassium is something I have to have. I am glad that I had the surgery because the pain is gone and I can now eat where before I was severly malnourished because of the inertia. Dehydration is still a big problem but it is getting better. Consult with everyone you know for answers my mds weren't the most helpful my chiropractor was the most helpful.good luck
In 2004 I underwent a total colectomy for torrential diverticular bleeding and recorded my experience on http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/523166

I found that a high fibre diet helped to counteract diarrhoea - including pulverised fresh fruit to which organic bran has been added - likewise fresh vegetables + bran.  Wholemeal bread, no junk food etc etc.

I likened this diet to dealing with a liquid spillage on the kitchen floor on which you throw sawdust to make a "sludge" which is more easily scraped up.

regards
Morecambe