Gastroenterology Community
Mucous in Stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Mucous in Stool

I have now noticed mucous in my stool..no blood. Should I be worried? I recently had a gastroscopy due to pain under left ribcage..now i have mucous in stool..could this be c.diffle?

Any comments would be great.

thanks

RR
I would see a Gastroenterologist for a full evaluation and go from there.  There are many benign reasons for mucous in the stool, and it may be nothing to worry about but you always want to error on the cautious side.  Take care.
Hi.  I have made many comments about the same issue.  I noticed the mucous during cleansing.  At first dark, but now tissuey after doing a lot of cleansing and colinics.  I hope you can find some of the posts made on similar questions.  Under the ribcage is generally gallbladder blockage to the bile duct and liver toxins - I've been going through this for 5 years - took a long time to figure out the problem.  Is is painfull for you to press down on this spot and move things around in your colon?  If it isn't you are ahead of the game and can keep working the bile out.  But otherwise, I would check the sites on getting rid of paras and helmins; not easy to discuss for most people but it's true - it's not only animals that can get these things.  On the good note, it's fixable.
i have recently found answers to mucous and tissue in stool.  in early stages it was dark mucous.  after a lot of cleansing it turned into clear tissue.  i still have the clear wrapped in stool in lower intestines, generally comes out with the vinegar enemas.  but with the para cleanse have gotten rid of 'tapeworms'.  they are clear and generally not noticeable other than the clear tissue in toilet.  to describe - in toilet look like tissue paper, when coming out look like clear tissuey droplets; if captured look like very thin, long clear tissue with tiny darkness on head.  in stool look like mucous wrapped around stool with a tiny bit of small red/bloody mass.  no, they don't show in stool samples you give to the doctor, and no they are not easy to get a sample of.  yes, i still have a lot of pain but nowhere near what i used to get and i make sure i don't get the constipation now, i keep doing the colonics and enemas while i'm doing the cleansing.  what i have noticed over the past year is that the pain is most aggressive about a week after the full moon.  still gotta figure that one out.  i haven't gotten rid of it completely but at least it's on the way out.  still can't find a doc to see me or talk to.  hope this helps someone.
I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist and getting some testing done before doing anything like cleanses.  Cleansing and colonics can be dangerous and it is best to be seen by a doctor before undergoing any of these alternative treatments.
I love when you (patient 915) say see a GI; I've been trying for 4 years to see one that knows what they're doing.  If I didn't do the cleanses I would be dead by now.  I really hope you have this problem before you give advice.  Vinegar in a 4 oz enema gets rid of the lower paras, worms in the anus.  The large intestine is most difficult; wormwood works but is hard on the heart rate; black walnut is good since it's an antifungal and if rubbed on stomach stops the pain.  Yes, there are prescription drugs but most docs won't do that since they don't know enough about this.  They spend billions of dollars on cancer research and can't diagnose a simple worm.  Go figure.  Anyway Birder, get a strainer and catch the poop; if you lay the mucous out it will show you; it is a long thin strip - once in stool it wraps around.  Let me know what happens.  I'm in the same boat - my doc even acknowledges it but won't give me anything for it.
I would recommend you start posting on the alternative therapies community where I think your advice would be well received and helpful: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Alternative-Therapies-/show/685.  I truely don't believe you would be dead or dying without the cleanses.  Mucus in the stool is a very very common problem and it doesn't always mean that there are worms or other parasites.  Mucus can be from many many different things and I think that birder1ca should be seen by a GI doctor and undergo the necessary tests.  If these tests can't find anything and he is still having problems, then your treatment plan and other alternative treatments would be warrented.
I am wondering if someone can tell me what is wrong with me. I have had 2 surgeries in the past 2 years - most recently 3 weeks ago to remove adhesions in my abdomen. I have uncontrollable diareah after a meal.  I cannot leave the house after a meal and do not dare eat out.  It is like an explosion! Help
Please post your question as its own post using the "post a question" button at the top of this screen instead of posting on this person's post.