Gastroenterology Community
Mucous with and without stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Mucous with and without stool

HI,

I have, in the last month, had some intestinal issues.  It started out when I was passing large amounts of mucous without stool for approx. three days.  I then started to have severe diarrhea.  On one occasion a passed large blood clots without stool.  The blood and the blood clots never returned after this event, I continued to have diarrhea however.  I went into my Family practice doctor after two weeks of diarrhea and severe abdominal pain. At this appointment a CT scan of my abdomen was down and stool samples, and blood test were ordered.  Everything came back within normal ranges.  My diarrhea has been on and off since this and I have been passing even larger amounts of mucous with and without my stool.  I have had two episodes of incontinence also.  I have been frustrated because I have had many moments where I feel the sudden urge to relieve myself and when I get to the toilet I either pass only mucous or little stool with large amounts of mucous.  I recently had an episode where when I went to wipe I had a large amount of mucous that I was actually pulling from my rectum.  I still have abdominal discomfort and on and off pain.  When I do go to relieve myself the abdominal pain is very intense.  

What would your advice be?  I am at my wits end and exhausted all the time.  It is starting to interfere with my ADL's .  I want to thank you in advance for your help.

:)

I am 42 years old and new to this site.  I have been having mucous stools and have been very gassy for 2 days with no pain and no blood in the stool, just mucous--it ranges from clear to white and sometimes yellow tinged.  My normal bowel function is usually about every 4 to 6 days, I eat regularly and my abdomen is not distended.  I have a history of internal and external hemmorrhoids--that are not an issue at this time........................any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Im 42 yo female, with a new L4, L5 disc injury, over the last 3 days I have had a severe sinus infection going on with large amounts of mucous being swallowed, Ive also started passing lots of gas and having the feeling of urgency in the bathroom for a bowl movement. When I do have one it is only a slight amount as if I had blown my nose first thing in the moring (about a table spoon or more) which is yellowish brown with a slight tinge of red. Strange, im a nurse and have went thru the things it can be but dont have the symptoms of the one thing but only a couple of another. I do eat alot of cheese. like a lb. every 3 days or less.
Hi I am a 25 y/o-guy from the Philippines and I have experienced very small amount of mucous and blood together with my stool for about 4 days. I've had a burning sensation in my stomach and it's felt like I am always hungry. Every time I go to the toilet to pass out, I would have small amount of mucous with bright red particle which I assumed to be blood in four days. And there's always a feeling or a need of going to the bathroom. My stool was sometimes okay, sometimes narrower but not really tiny. On the fifth to sixth day, I only had mucous in a very small amount, no blood anymore, but I am still worried. What does that mean? I am planning to see a doctor but I wonder if there's a doctor offering free services for my situation. I pray to God that I am okay. I strongly believe that I'll be fine. Thanks! You may send me your feedback at ***@****
I am 40 yrs old, female who has been experiencing mucous in my stool off & on for sometime now.  Just this past week, it has become very bad...lots of mucous, abdominal pain, severe headaches, back pain-mostly neck & lower back, pale clammy skin, dark circles under eyes, nausea, muscle pain & twitching, dizziness, & confusion or loss of ability to focus.  The way I best am able to describe it is just feeling crappy & out of sorts, with pretty much migraines & extremely tired & like my skin hurts, mostly legs & back.  I have an almost constant urge to evacuate my bowels, but when I try to go, it hurts & very little feces comes out, mostly just mucous sometimes with tinges of blood.  I have been in bed for most of the week & am planning to visit the ER  in the morning, but decided to web surf & thought I'd just check & see if anyone might know what this could possibly be?
hi,
I am a 33 years old female.I have been suffering from constipation.My normal bowel function is usually about every  6 days. Sometimes I pass only mucus without stool. I have been suffering from insomnia too.
For insomnia I take 2 tablets named tryptin . each contains 25 mg.Would you pls tell me how I can get rid of this type of constipation?
I havr bad breath as well.
Guys...don;t Panic. If u hv the sysmtom of mucus with stool or without.Even with blood.
It;s Symtom of Internal hemmorroids.Causes by Constipation and can also too much antibiotics.

Yes , Constipation can caused lots of mucous, abdominal pain, severe headaches, back pain-mostly neck & lower back, pale clammy skin, dark circles under eyes, nausea, muscle pain & twitching, dizziness, & confusion or loss of ability to focus.

How to cure this Symptoms.?

1, Well  first , u hv to deal with ur constipation...Use phsyllum herbal to make ur stool soft,drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruits: Aloe Vera ,pappaya & Juices.Or use Suppository .

2. Use Sophora Japonica herbal, drug name VENARON. ..to eliminate the mucus & Bloody stools...It;s take 2 capsules of Sophora Japonica 200 mg ,

:3 times a day. The effect will take place 4 - 5 days . Don;t stop use this herbal until 2 weeks. After that, take 1 capsule 3 times a day for maintainance.

3. Constipation is the causes of all this symtoms (symptoms), so whenever u feel constipated , use physillum or  laxative drug...but be careful Laxative is not recomended for every day use...Only when u r constipated.

Always drink a lot of water ,eats a lot of fruits .GBU
Hi I'm 19yrs old and most my life I've been anemic, and had constipation. Every now and then I would experience slight blood on my stool and didn't worry. But yesterday I felt my stomach toss and turn but with no pain! So I went to the restroom and there was blood in the toilet bowl. Bright red, and I was not constipated. Almost like diarrhea, what scares me is that it seems to have blood clots. I've done so much online research and I'm scared to think it could be colon cancer although its not common at my age. Only do I think its the cancer because I do have anemia and that's known to be a side affect. Pls help any advice is helpful.
My symptoms were: passing a lot of mucous, with or without stool, many times of incontinance(the mucus or diarhea (diarrhea) was just uncontrollable), cramping,high fever for 2 days.this went on and on for several weeks. A colonoscopy showed (they said)too much use of herbal laxatives. (They want you to use non natural kind). Through a stool sample they found c.dificile. they've been treating it with Flagyl and probiotics. I am better but just finished 2nd round of Flagyl (2 weeks). I am going to take another stool sample in. We will see what that shows. About the same time this got severe I started having a lot of pain in my neck and back, and now some mental confusion which I didn't see how it could've been connected until I saw someone elses post above. If you do have active c.dificile, it does need to be treated. C.dificile is a takeover of bad bacteria in the colon.
Look up the diet for Inflammed Bowel Disorder (IBD). I am a student in my third year of Nutritional Science Major and this would be a helper for all of you who are suffering. I would also suggest taking a regimen of probiotics to help balance the colon back to normal. And first and foremost-go to the doctor and if you get no answers go to a specialist because the issue is no just nothing. All the signs and symptoms point to the IBD and there are methods of treatment and ways to prevent acute attacks. I personally have dealt with this issue and it comes and goes, especially during times of intense stress or sickness.
Warning.  Any change in mental status with diarrhea or vomiting regardless of the cause could be electrolyte imbalance due to dehydration.  See your Dr or urgent care imediately.  This could be life threatening,