Gastroenterology Community
Mucus and abdominal cramping
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mucus and abdominal cramping

I'm 58 years old.  For the past week I've noticed mucus when wiping after a bowel movement.  This does not happen every time.  My diet has not changed and I try to eat the necessary foods.  I drink water every day with an occasional soda or iced tea.  I drink no alcohol, nor do I smoke or take illegal drugs.  My bowel movements have been regular but the last week has increased to about 1 time per daywhich I don't find as irregular.  I am taking a medication for anxiety attacks and I do worry easily which could cause stress.  I also have CAD w/ stents.  The anxiety is under control but I have a tendency to worry a lot because as you know, anxiety and MI symptoms, mirror one another.  What else could be causing the mucus in the past week?  I haven't had any other symptoms other than the mucus and abdominal cramps/aching.  

Thank  you for any other information you can provide.  Please respond to my email address if possible.  

This discussion is related to MUCUS after bowel movement.