Gastroenterology Community
Mucus in stool?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mucus in stool?

Hi there.
Yesterday at night i had the feeling i need to go to the WC. The only thing i had was a little bit of mucus on the toilet paper, that smelled very, very bad.
Today, in the morning, when i went to the WC, i noticed a little bit of the same mucus at the begining of the stool. The rest of it was clear.
My question is - is this concerning? Could it be due to something spoiled i had eaten? Because i think i ate a spoiled chicken yesterday. Could it be due to that?
I go to the WC every day 1 per 3 times ocasionally. Nothing disturbing in my stool if we don't mention the undigested sunflower seed, cereals, or tomatoes.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Help?
Blank
More mucus is still present in the stool... The stool is more likely soft than hard and it's a little bit yellowish (like a light brown).
I start to worry a bit. Till yesterday all my stools were fine and 2 days now - mucus and lighter stools. Could this be due to slightly food poisoning, because if so i think i ate a little bit of spoiled food...
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

If the stools are otherwise normal and there is no constipation or diarrhoea as such, I see no reason to worry about. The symptoms could be due to a mild infection/ inflammation/ motility causes and should subside in a few days. If the symptom continues for over 1-2 weeks or there is development of addition symptoms such as altered bowel habits/ pain, one may consider seeing a primary care physician or a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Hi there.
In the past 2 days everything was allright, but today there is mucus again in stool. The mucus looks like undigested animal fat (as i eat pork steaks and they contain fat). Is it possible to be undigested fat for real? Otherwise, the poo is OK - brown in color, mushy (as i drink plenty of water every day i think this is normal for me - not a formed stool like banana, but a mushy stool, not diarrhea).
The quantity of mucus is about a half of teaspoon. And i noticed that its only in the begining of the stool, the rest of it do not have any mucus.
I am starting to worry a little as i never had mucus before...
Blank
Anyone?
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources