Mucus in stool?
Hi there.
Yesterday at night i had the feeling i need to go to the WC. The only thing i had was a little bit of mucus on the toilet paper, that smelled very, very bad.
Today, in the morning, when i went to the WC, i noticed a little bit of the same mucus at the begining of the stool. The rest of it was clear.
My question is - is this concerning? Could it be due to something spoiled i had eaten? Because i think i ate a spoiled chicken yesterday. Could it be due to that?
I go to the WC every day 1 per 3 times ocasionally. Nothing disturbing in my stool if we don't mention the undigested sunflower seed, cereals, or tomatoes.
Help?
More mucus is still present in the stool... The stool is more likely soft than hard and it's a little bit yellowish (like a light brown).
I start to worry a bit. Till yesterday all my stools were fine and 2 days now - mucus and lighter stools. Could this be due to slightly food poisoning, because if so i think i ate a little bit of spoiled food...
Hi there!

If the stools are otherwise normal and there is no constipation or diarrhoea as such, I see no reason to worry about. The symptoms could be due to a mild infection/ inflammation/ motility causes and should subside in a few days. If the symptom continues for over 1-2 weeks or there is development of addition symptoms such as altered bowel habits/ pain, one may consider seeing a primary care physician or a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there.
In the past 2 days everything was allright, but today there is mucus again in stool. The mucus looks like undigested animal fat (as i eat pork steaks and they contain fat). Is it possible to be undigested fat for real? Otherwise, the poo is OK - brown in color, mushy (as i drink plenty of water every day i think this is normal for me - not a formed stool like banana, but a mushy stool, not diarrhea).
The quantity of mucus is about a half of teaspoon. And i noticed that its only in the begining of the stool, the rest of it do not have any mucus.
I am starting to worry a little as i never had mucus before...
Anyone?