Gastroenterology Community
*Need Gastro Help STAT*

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

*Need Gastro Help STAT*

I have been constipated for days upon days. My stomach is hard, I feel full/bloated with no apetite, and I CANNOT for the LIFE of me get anything to start moving. I have had laxatives, enemas, and even a colon cleansing drink 'Golytely' and have had no luck pushing through the extremely hard stools... I have, however, went to the ER and they took x-rays of my chest, abdomen, and did extensive blood-work, and said they could clearly see where I was pretty backed up, but that all of my tests came back fine and to pound water. Well, I have been drinking MASSIVE amounts of water for the past 3 days with no relief. I have only been on liquid diet of broths and whatnot and still, for the life of me, cannot move my stools... What can I do? I literally can feel tons of pressure in my intestines. It is not a 'painful' feeling per se... But a very odd pressure like feeling... How can I get past this!?!?!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include dietary causes, GI motility issues, dehydration/ inadequate fluid intake, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities, medication side effect, growths/ masses, electrolyte abnormalities etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try some laxatives/ glycerine suppositories and see if it seems to help. If the symptoms are severe, a visit to the ER may be considered.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I have had the same exact issues.  I am seeing a gastrenterologist with tests like upper GI w/small bowel follow through, Abd xrays, endoscopy.  I am scheduled for a colonoscopy and HIDA scan.  I have a HX of small bowel strangulated obstruction with perforation and fear the same, yet all tests say no obstruction.  I have been on a liquid diet for a couple weeks, as I cannot even tolerate a pureed diet w/o lots of stool flushing drugs.  Easier to not consume solids.  Good luck and please post when you find the answers.
Thank you for the replies. I actually just got a full blood work up, a CT Scan with contrast, palpated, chest x-rays, abdomen x-rays, and they cannot see anything causing any issues. However, as of today, my Kidney's are extremely uncomfortable, my pee is sometimes dark and sometimes normal, when I urinate it starts then stops then starts and it takes a while for me to even urinate to begin with. But, once again, they have said they see no issues and don't know what is going on.... :/  I have absolutely NO appetite,I have lost round 10 lbs, I am extremely anxious and panicky, my throat feels tight at times, and I have been drinking those 'Boost' nutritional drinks to keep my vitamins and nutritional support since I am not eating much. I have also been drinking a lot of fruit and vegetable drinks, and when I DO eat, it is always very little as my appetite is absolutely gone... I am at wits end with this and it is SERIOUSLY affecting my daily life as I cannot go to work, cannot run around and play with my daughter, and am SOOOO fatigued all day every day I am limited to my bed, the couch, etc... I am assuming if there were something wrong with my kidneys it would've shown up in my onslaught of blood tests, the CT scan with contrast, and the other various little tests that have been done on my blood... Any thoughts would be of GREAT help.  PS: I am only 25, male, I do not drink, and I am normal build with a average lifestyle.
I am going through the same thing. I'm being told that there is nothing seriously wrong, yet I am barely pooping. Every time I go to the doctor, the xrays show how backed up I am. I'm really surprised at how this has affected me mentally. Everything is doom and gloom. If I were you, I would schedule a colonoscopy to see whats going on inside. If all else fails, you will get cleaned out with the prep and finally know if there is anything seriously wrong going on.