Gastroenterology Community
Recurring C.Diff Infections/Colitis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Recurring C.Diff Infections/Colitis

Any dietary information/weblinks/sample menus ANYONE can share that helps heal the gut and c.diff infections would be very much appreciated.
THANKS SO MUCH,
Danielle
A Maryland New Member
I was dx with c-diff and was given an antibiotic for it - I don't remember which one it was.  I was retested and the gastro said it was gone.  I guess it worked...
I just found the info from my c-diff dx and the antibiotic was Flagyl.  I was told that it kills ALL  the bacteria in your gut - good and bad and I've had a longstanding candida problem so I wasn't happy about doing any antibiotics.  I found a website called Women to Women that had some info about the c-diff and probiotics that could help to eliiminate it.  If you don't want to do antibiotics, this may be helpful info.  I'm about to request a retest for the c-diff coz some of my symptoms have resurfaced.  Do you have lower ab cramping?  Mine comes and goes and I also have a mysterious pain in my tailbone which doesn't show up on x-rays, mris, or ultrasounds.  That comes and goes also.  Do you have any of these symptoms?
I hope this helps!