Gastroenterology Community
Rib area pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Rib area pain

Has there been any link to rib area pain in front, and lung cancer of the
right lower lobe?

This discussion is related to upper area below right side of rib cage.
Lung cancer may spread to to outer lung membrane and this is then felt like a rib pain. What is your concern?
Your pain sounds more like gallstones which present with pain under the right breast just under the ribs and the pain may also radiate to your back. Please get an ultrasound, gallstones can be dangerous and severely painful. If you're experiencing severe pain go to your local ER. Infections of the Gallbladder with stones can come on quickly. Gallstones present in women far more often then men, especially in women who have had children or are overweight. Take care and God bless.    Sheila
Thanks so much for the reply.  Unfortunately, I have had my gallbladder removed and tons of scans in that area.  I have had this pain for 6-7 years, just got worse chronically.  Then all of a sudden, they found lung cancer in my lower right rib and my trachea.  I really don't know how long this lung tumor has been there--but you know how you get those 'gut' feelings?  I just feel it is related somehow.
My concern is, this pain I have---no one could ever give me a diagnosis.  Kind of blew me off  like so many in the medical profession.  Year after year, in and out of doctors--and nothing showed up.  Now I have been diagnose with cancer of my lower right lobe of my lung.  As I told another commentor, you know when you have those little 'gut' feelings about something ?  Well, I have it---and was wondering if the 2 might be connected in some strange way.
Cancer of lungs (or rib) and trachea is not likely there for 7 years, so the pain under the ribs probably arise from your biliary system - from a main bile duct: either from biliary dyskinesia or sphincter of Oddi disfunction. Diagnosis (and treatment) is made by ERCP (they laook into biliary tree during gastroduodenoscopy).
I don't know much at all about lung cancer. But if your gut says somethings wrong I'd go with it and demand to be taken seriously. I know how some-most doctors are but I urge you to keep fighting. Eventually you'll find the doctor with the heart and mind to not settle for anything but the absolutely correct answer to your problem. good luck to you and God be with you.

Sheila