Gastroenterology Community
Right Sided Pain Around Ascending Colon

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Right Sided Pain Around Ascending Colon

I have been suffering from right side pain for a year now, I have made numerous visits to the doctor and I am still no further forward of what the problem actually is..  I have had an ultra sound of my ovaries which was ok, also had another one today of my gall bladder, speen and kidneys, which I found out that my right kidney seems to have 2 off shoots for the blood supply also being 13cm as opposed to my left kidney being 10cm in size..

I have had blood tests to see if I have any allergies to certain foods, cealic test etc which all came back ok..

Certain foods such as spicey and fatty foods do place hell with me in causing me to have diarrhoea.  In May 07 I did infact have Campylobacter which I don't how I got, I was treated with antibiotics but all my problems of my right side pain started in Aug 07,  The pain seems to be in the region of my ascending colon which causes me stabbing / throbbing pain and tender to touch.  If the doctor presses the area it always makes the pain worse,  

I would be greatful and any help you may give as to what this could be, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with the doctors and they say they don't know what it is, try these tablets, but thats not sorting the problem and correctly giving me a diagnosis.

Many thanks  Paula

I wonder whether a colonoscopy might reveal further information about your complaint.  Is there any reason why this procedure can not be performed?

regards
Morecambe

Thanks for your message, I again went to the docs regarding my prob on fri, he's still not sure what is it, I asked if it could be a bowel prob as my dad has Ulcerative Colitis, he didn't think it could be so he's now referred me to a gyneocologist, !!  strange really considering I've had ultra sounds done of all my reproductive bits which were all clear,   Trouble is its been going on for just over a year and its more delay.  Think I need to start banding my fist on the docs table and be more demanding.

Many thanks

Paula  
I have had the same problem for a long time, I have had a Colonoscopy and they found out that only on one side of my colon looks like leapord spots on it, but other than that everything is ok.  So they did a scope also and the doctor told me that my stomach lining is thick, but other than that everything is ok.  Now I have added racing heart and fainting spells, and everybody keeps pushing me off.  I really wish I could get to the bottom of my problem this is really getting old for me.  Any suggestions?

Teresa
Thanks for your message, wish I could shead some light for you but haven't a clue what to sugggest.  It starts to get you down, like yourself all I want is to know is what the problem is.  I've now been referred to a gyneacologist so am awaiting an appt for that, so if that brings no joy then I guess it will be going down the route of getting my colon etc checked.  You would think really that they would have checked that already by now.   Sorry I couldn't have been much use and helped you.                                                Paula
Certain foods such as spicy and fatty foods do place hell with me in causing me to have diarrhea. the doctor told me that my there is  a sign of inflation and thinking of colonic loops at the Wright side with 6h no significant mass of lymphadenopathy. I was told that I will need to do CT scan. What should I do and what type of food I should avoid