Severe abdominal cramping 1 day after eating corn
For two nights in a row I ate corn on the cob, after having gone several months with none (it used to be a common component of my meals, at least 1x weekly, but I've been dieting for about 9 months and avoiding many starches).  So, Tuesday night I ate at 6pm and had about 4 pieces of popcorn closer to 9pm.  Wednesday morning I woke up with a big of stomach ache.  Went for an abbreviated morning walk, skipped breakfast, and then by 9:30 am was in a fair amount of abdominal pain.  I suspected gas, so took two Gas-X, but ended up with severe abdominal cramping (upper and lower).  Kept assuming gas, so tried to just wait it out, but after 2 hours of moaning out loud (felt very similar to being in labor), called a nurse hotline, went to an Urgent Care, who sent me on to ER.  BP was really high for me, but by the time the nurse was taking my medical history, the episode had completely passed (leaving only a sore abdomen, where I felt as if I'd been kicked from the inside out and some soreness in my right lower back).  I left, not wanting to go through financial burden if I was feeling fine.  I've read about some people reacting to corn, but it seems it's usually much sooner.  Has anyone had a similar experience?
Allergic reactions to corn are common after eating corn and corn-related foods. Patients suffering from Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis also have a higher antibody reaction to corn compared to normal people.Gastroesophageal reflux, gastritis, food allergies all can cause symptoms of abdominal discomfort and bloating. Taking an over the counter antacid may help. If the symptoms are severe or persistent consult a doctor. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!