Gastroenterology Community
Severe bloating and pain in lower abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Please help.  I woke up one day with pain in my lower abdomen, I thought it was just related to my period about to start.  As the day went on the pain became like knives.  The pain is severe, feels like knives, is in the "front" (dont feel it in my back) of my lower abdomen-- from belly button to vagina (and when it gets worse it spreads down into my legs).  It has been going on now for a month and a half.  Went to gyno and she said it was because I had uterine fibroids and one very large rear fibroid.  She gave me a muscle relaxer/anti inflammatory prescription med, some no estrogen birth control, pain meds, and told me to use heating pads, keep legs raised, and pain should go away.  It did not go away stayed the same and got worse depending on the day.  Then I ended up in the ER, they told me nothing but gave me hydrocodone and oxycodone, the hydrocodone helps with the pain but only the oxycodone makes it go away for a little while.  I noticed that every day the pain got worse as the day went on as well as my lower abdomen would begin to bloat until it was sticking out a good 4-6 inches and its almost hard and I can not pass gas.  So I went to the GI, he made me do a colon prep cleanse (what is used for colonoscopy) and told me to start eating probiotics every day.  He also had me do a CT scan with contrast drink and dye--he found nothing from the CT.  A couple days after I did the cleanse, the pain began to die down and went away completely for about a week.  Then the pain started to happen again, although less intense, off and on for a couple of days until the day before I started my period.  That day the pain came back full force, still can not pass gas, and my abdomen bloats.  I have tried every remedy for passing gas (different positions, baking soda, room temperature drinks, no carbs/low carbs, omega 3s, ginger, peppermint, magnesium, etc) and even when I do it doesn't relieve the pain just the bloating. I am at a loss because Im not constipated, I have no problem with passing stool or stool frequency, don't have diarehea, don't have nausea, don't have diverticulitis, don't have crohns, its not my appendix, not gall bladder, so I need help because I cant sleep, I am missing work, I am living on pain pills, and I am in severe pain!!!!! PLease help!!
How do you know you're not constipated?  It sounds just like constipation to me.  Miralax is one thing that might help if it is.  

If it's from the fibroid, I'd have uterine fibroid embolization.  
The CT confirmed I had wasn't constipated, nor was there any stool burden. Plus, the GI said my stool frequency and amount was normal.  Even when I did the cleanse it still didn't help with the pain.  Im at a loss?!?