Sulfur Burps?
Hi Docs! I have been having issues with some stomach pain and burps that taste and smell horrbily of sulfur. It will continue for a couple of days, then just as suddenly as it begins, it will end.What causes this? is there a way to cure these Sulfur burps or do I just live with them?
ak, we don't have docs on this board, so if you want to talk with a doc check the other doc-mediated gastro forum on medhelp.

But you might want to ask your doc about being tested for H. pylori and acid reflux problems. Many with H. pylori complain of 'sulpher' taste and a lot of burping.
The cure is simple and effective, trust me: digestive enzymes. I found this cure by accident, and it works! Now's brand is awesome cause it has what other pills have alone. Try it and let me know how better you feel.
my husband has this, sewer gas smelling burps.  He does this and then an hour or so later he starts vomitting and diarehha. It lasts about 6-10 hours and then gone.  It comes and goes about every 3-4 weeks.  He has had colonoscopy, EGD, tested for H Pylori and everything comes back normal/negative.  Anyone, anywhere have any answers?  I hate to see him sick like this all the time.
i was wrong about digestive enzymes. im still suffering aimlessly
I've been getting these foul burps for about 15 years, I don't think there is a cure and doctors look at me like I'm nuts when I try to find smasher and cure. So I had to find my own. At the very first sign of a burp, drink an Alka Selzter you should let out a huge burp.  If you burp the foul thing again take another Alka Sektzer and they should be gone. You may have a great stinky bowl movement in the morning but that's great. Our stomach is not emptying properly and the food is sitting there rotting! I've had to make myself throw up just to feel better and it's brown stinky like crap omg. This is the most debilitating thing I've ever seen. Eat healthy, don't eat and lay down, drink plenty of water, take probiotics and stock up on Alka Seltzer. Hope this helps.