Gastroenterology Community
Trachea area pressure

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Trachea area pressure

Hello, it is a couple of months now that i experience a strange pressure near the trachea area. I have the impression that swallowing will be difficult but when i swallow it is normal. The pressure comes and goes,usually at night, and i don,t have any other disorders except from the fact that when i start feeling it my heart beat rises, i have a short breath and i think i get some kind of a panic attack because if i calm down this symptoms pass (the pressure remains).
This pressure gets worse after i eat or when i lay on my back and lean my head forward. Lately i am under a lot of stress and i don't know if i this is a phsycosomatic symptom (thinking about it seems to make it worse), or it is a real symptom of something. YOu sould know that i am 26 yers old and a heavy smoker.
Seek God through it all and do not worry. IT WILL BE OK !!
dave
When we magnify the power of our enemies (sickness or illness)over the power of our God we place ourselves in a foolish position. God is more powerful then any enemy that comes our way. Magnifying the enemy over the greatness of our God is saying in our hearts that there is no God. There is a point in our lives when we have to face our fears and believe God to deliver us. (He will deliver you Dean) God has already defeated every enemy we will ever face in Jesus Christ. We must understand the enemy is not defying us, but rather he is attempting to defy the Christ in us who has purchased us with His own Blood. We are called to be a compelling testimony to this generation and to show that Jesus Christ is alive.
I don'n know who daveinsandiego was addressing . Hope it was'nt you kistis. My mother had a problem it was her goiter growing behind the adams apple
(causes thyroid problems) which she sufferd with for years. I understand it can grow toward the front . either way it causes a sensation in the throat.Might be a good idea to have it checked out. I am having my thiroid checked out because it is hereditery and all my sisters have (not the goiter prob.) but thyroid problems.  See your Dr. I am obviously not one. AND TO DAVE YOUR RIGHT GOD AND JESUS ARE GOOD BUT WE SOMETIMES ALSO NEED A DR.