Upper endoscopy findings
I had my endoscopy done this morning.  Here are the findings....can someone help me with them?

The examined esophagus was normal.

A large hiatus hernia was found.  the  proximal extent of the gastric folds (end of tubular esophafus) was 32 cm from the incisors.  the hiatal narrowing was 37 cm from the incisors.  the Z-line was 32 cm from the incisors.
Localized moderately erythematous mucosa with no bleeding was found in the fastric antrum.  Biopsies were taken with a cold forceps for histology.

The examined doudenum was normal.  Biopsies were taken with a cold forceps for evaluation of celiac disease.

He told me test results will be back in about a week.  Anyone have any ideas?
They were also going to do a pill cam but didn't as my blood work came back normal....He knew I had a large hiatal hernia.  I know they want to see if I have celiac's...blood test for that came back negative.  
That does seem like a pretty large hernia. Sounds like you would be in a lot of pain :( As for the pill cam, that would just be to clarify for celiacs in your intestine. Blood work for celiac is like a 50/50 and can be wrong as much as it is right. The biopsy is sometimes wrong too so maybe that's why they wanted to do the pill cam.

Are you getting surgery done on the HH?
If you really want to rule out celiac if the biopsy comes back negative, get a fecal antibody test done and also do the allele (genetic) test. Those are much more accurate that the blood test and in some cases, the biopsy, too. You can read up on the subject at enterolab.com.

At his point, your endoscopy says you have gastritis in the lower portion of your stomach - the antrum.
I haven't heard from the GI specialist if i need surgery or not.  Not having any pain...just had occassional heartburn which they prescribed Prilosec and seems to be working.
I had a CT scan a couple months ago and they discovered the large hiatal hernia.  I asked my doctor if they needed to do surgery and she said "not unless it is causing alot of problems".
They are trying to find out why I was so anemic in August.  They put me on iron pills (also had a transfusion...4 units).  Blood levels are normal now.  
Wonder if I have H pyloric????