What are these stringy things in my poop? Do I have a parasite?
So, this morning and this evening I noticed stringy things in my bowels. Some kind of stuck out of the bowels. Some were threaded through the stool. They appeared to be white, but brown from the stool. There were a lot. They weren't moving or anything. I can't think of anything I ate that looked like that. I haven't really had any symptoms, except my farts today have smelled like sulfur/rotten eggs. I know this question is disgusting, but I'm worried I have a parasite. How am I going to take off work. (Sorry, boss, I have parasites. Ew!!) I have a picture -- sorry this is gross (that lose one I pulled out to examine it): http://*****.com/******** Looks like floss, sort of.
have you eat anything green and stringy lately
Not that I can definitely blame. I had some thai spring rolls on Sunday that had a stringy, shredded vegetable of some sort inside that was a little tough to chew.

I went to the doctor and showed her pictures. She suggested it resembled roundworms. She gave a stool sample container and a prescription. I pooped this morning with nothing weird in it. I'm still bracing myself for the next one. I figure if nothing turns up for a week, it was the spring rolls. But I'm worried and can't stop thinking about it. I couldn't eat all day. The pictures looks very suspect. And in the poop that had a lot of them, there was thick white mucus inside (gag) which was odd. Here is another, better picture of my stool (don't click if you'll be grossed out -- this is nasty): http://******.**********.**/i/*******.jpg/

If anyone has any experience or expertise, I would really appreciate it. I find it odd since I don't eat meat and don't own any pets, but I do eat out at restaurants and fast food places a lot.