What does fecal fat look like?
I think I may be having fat malabsorption but am unsure to what the fat truly looks like in the stool. Does it look like liquid oil atop the water, or is it more of just a film?If you have had experience please provide details and what condition you had that caused it?
Both is true, it can be droplets or form a film. But a definite sign is loose or unformed stool.
A loose stool or an unformed stool is not typically a sign of fat malabsorption. Besides a film on the surface of the water or 'globules,' some people experience an 'orange-colored' discharge. If you feel you're experiencing fat malabsorption, ask your doctor to check into the situation. The problem can result from a number of causes that can include gallbladder and pancreatic issues as well as in instances of celiac disease among other things.