Gastroenterology Community
White stuff in stool?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

White stuff in stool?

Today when I pooped there was white squishy/stringy looking stuff in part of my stool. Could it be worms? The stool was a little harder than normal and somewhat small. I have also been slightly constipated for the past month of so. I have also been experiencing cramps in the middle of my lower abdomen and occasionally a twitch-like feeling in that area as well. I had been having a lot of gas and it recently stopped (about a week ago). I also recently started eating a lot of fruit if that means anything. I am 17 yrs old and female. This is the first time I have seen this ever and I am scared. Please help me!
The white stingy stuff is probably mucus. This is the stuff that lines your intestines and keeps the lining moist and lubricated.
Small amounts of mucus in stool are normal..ecspecially if your constipated...if you notice it for more than a couple of weeks, I would see a dr.
More fibre in your diet could relieve the constipation.
I highly doubt you have worms but what you describe.
Hope this helps....
I am having the same exact problem and I am really, really afraid.