Gastroenterology Community
Yellow Diarrhea and Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Yellow Diarrhea and Pain

Three days ago I started having hot and cold sweats. My stomach started to cramp up as well as my intestine area, mostly on my left-hand side. At first I thought it was flu, but the pain in my stomach and intestines was something I've not experienced with flu before (the pain is around 7-8 out of 10). I then started getting diarrhea, which at first was the regular kind, but started turning yellow and becoming more liquid. I took Immodium to stop the diarrhea, which worked until it's effects wore off, then the yellow diarrhea came back almost immediately. I've already taken the safe limits of painkillers - to no avail.

This is making me miserable, and is effecting me being able to go out and look for a job, as I daren't go too far from the toilet in case another bout of diarrhea comes on (I have also lost the ability to stop/start my bowel movements so I have to be damn quick in getting to the toilet - which is extremely embarrassing).

Is there anything specific that could have caused this? I haven't eaten a single thing for the past three days in a bid to stop it, and yet it still continues. I've also lost a lot of fluids, but when I try to replace them I seem to just lose the fluids as fast as I can replace them...