Gastroenterology Community
Yellow Diarrhea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Yellow Diarrhea

Whenever I visit my parents, I always get sick ~ upset stomach, cramps, yellow and sometimes oily diarrhea.  I don't drink their water, but do use a lot of ice which is filtered.  Could there be something in the water that causes this to happen?  Their water is from a well, not public.  They happen to live in NY State and I live in Northern NJ.
They could have bactetria in the well.  This is common.  Has the well been checked recently?  I would not be drinking the water or using the ice anymore.
Thank you for your response.  I'm definately going to have their water checked before it gets filtered and after.  They did have the water checked, but that was at least five years ago.  Anything could happen in that time!!  Again, thank you!
I would start checking each year. I bet there is bacteria.  If your symptoms persist I would get a stool test at the dr and they can prescribe something to help.
Another great response from you!!  Have you been through this before?  The simplest things seem so far from my own mind.  Thank goodness for forums like this.  Thank you so much...AGAIN!!
My MIL has a well and they have had some problems with this. Also I lived overseas and there were problems with the water there and when I moved back to the states our local area had water problems so I am careful now about drinking water lol.
Hi, this response may be a little late but maybe others will read this. Perhaps the water is not the problem but rather all that ice. I've found out that my body can't handle ice cold drinks very well since it's too much of a shock to my system, after all I did usually drink more than one glass. Do you have so much ice at your place or only at your parents' house? If you do find out that ice is the case, then either stop using it altogether or take smaller sips. I remember when I used to love ice, but it gave me bad diarrhea and to make matters worse I had to drink more to compensate for all the loss of fluids. Now I know better and stay away from anything too cold or at least take my time with it so it doesn't give me problems.