Gastroenterology Community
Yellow Diarrhea
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Yellow Diarrhea

Whenever I visit my parents, I always get sick ~ upset stomach, cramps, yellow and sometimes oily diarrhea.  I don't drink their water, but do use a lot of ice which is filtered.  Could there be something in the water that causes this to happen?  Their water is from a well, not public.  They happen to live in NY State and I live in Northern NJ.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
611999_tn?1298761891
They could have bactetria in the well.  This is common.  Has the well been checked recently?  I would not be drinking the water or using the ice anymore.
Blank
1063644_tn?1278646867
Thank you for your response.  I'm definately going to have their water checked before it gets filtered and after.  They did have the water checked, but that was at least five years ago.  Anything could happen in that time!!  Again, thank you!
Blank
611999_tn?1298761891
I would start checking each year. I bet there is bacteria.  If your symptoms persist I would get a stool test at the dr and they can prescribe something to help.
Blank
1063644_tn?1278646867
Another great response from you!!  Have you been through this before?  The simplest things seem so far from my own mind.  Thank goodness for forums like this.  Thank you so much...AGAIN!!
Blank
611999_tn?1298761891
My MIL has a well and they have had some problems with this. Also I lived overseas and there were problems with the water there and when I moved back to the states our local area had water problems so I am careful now about drinking water lol.
Blank
Hi, this response may be a little late but maybe others will read this. Perhaps the water is not the problem but rather all that ice. I've found out that my body can't handle ice cold drinks very well since it's too much of a shock to my system, after all I did usually drink more than one glass. Do you have so much ice at your place or only at your parents' house? If you do find out that ice is the case, then either stop using it altogether or take smaller sips. I remember when I used to love ice, but it gave me bad diarrhea and to make matters worse I had to drink more to compensate for all the loss of fluids. Now I know better and stay away from anything too cold or at least take my time with it so it doesn't give me problems.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...