Gastroenterology Community
anxiety

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

anxiety

hey, my name is derelle and i'm 20 and suffer from anxiety disorder.. im curious if it's normal for anxiety to cause insomnia, stomach ache, chest pain, constant worry that eating makes you more nervous. and it's so hard. i lost about 20 pounds over the last 5 months and i take famotodine pills for my GERD.

This discussion is related to Abdominal pain-Fear and anxiety after eating.
Hi.  I too suffer from anxiety as well as clinical depression.  I take 1 mg of Klopin a day as well as 100 mg of Zoloft.  Your symptoms sound normal to me, for anxiety.  I also have GERD and take Prevacid.  Are you currently on any anti-anxiety meds?
IM GOING TO BEHAVIORAL MEDICINE,
I TO THINK IM SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY,
BEING THAT DOCTORS CANT PIN OUT WHATS WRONG WITH ME, AND THAT EVERY TEST IVE HAD DONE CAME BACK NORMAL,
SO IM ANXIETY MEDZ
10 MG OF LARAZAPAM,
I DONT TAKE THEM ALL THE TIME, I HAVENT TOOK ONE IN LIKE 2 WEEKS
SEEMS NORMAL TO ME. CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE
http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

If you've been disgnosed as suffering from anxiety then that's what it is. However, I would seek psychiatric counseling to find out if the other symptoms are anxiety related. I suffer from anxiety and depression in the same boot. I have found through extreme counseling that depression causes a lot of medical problems; as well as anxiety causing several other problems. Only the proper diagnosis can  find out what is going on with your body. I found a lot of relief with Respirdal, Celexa  and klonipin (klonopin). Please have your doctor refer you to a psychiatrist. Anxiety and depression are not curable but they are controllable. I was also diagnosed as bi-polar....the ups and downs of moods......more downs than ups. Many times a general practitioner is unable to diagnose what the underlying problem is. I went through this for several years before being referred to a psychiatrist. Now 4 years later I know what my problem is, I take my meds and cope with everyday living. It's not always easy for me. Good luck.
Hi.  Thanks for posting here.  I posted earlier on this subject.  It was so good for me to read your post and reinforce my own situation.  I have suffered with clinical depression since the age of 9.  Back then, they didn't know what they know now about chemical imbalances.  I have had several major episodes but am on med maintenance and have been for years. I am 51 now.  I take Zoloft and Klonopin.  I recently had had a colon resection which seemed to throw everything off kilter so meds were adjusted.  That is why I am on the klonopin now and my zoloft was upped from 50 mg to 100.  Thanks again as I too feel like everyday is a challenge but I get by.  I also have a very supportive family.