Gastroenterology Community
blood in stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

blood in stool

i am 24 year old female and in good health. the past 3 bowel movements has turned the water in the toilet  bright red. i dont feel in any sort of pain i guess just tired these past couple of days. i have no insurance and actually embarassed but concerned about this situation. i know my answer is going to be go to the doctor but just a little insight of what might be going on will help me?
hi obviously yes go the doctors...but it could be so many things,it could be pollips,or piles,.there are many causes that could easily be treated..are you bowels regualr..constipation can cause piles as can loose stools..healthy diets can help.fibre etc.. but as embarassing as it is hun..seeking medical advice is always the number one answer,good luck
Bright red blood in the stools is usually nothing to be too concerned about as it means that it is coming from the rectum and not farther up, which would then look like coffee grounds and could be much more serious. Probably hemorrhoids. Make sure you eat enough fiber to maintain regularity. Best to check with your doctor though, just to be sure.  
As a nurse.....I say henorrhoids.  Just cause you cant see or feel outside the rectum doesnt mean there isnt some hiding internally

If you google rectal bleeding you will find many sites that will give you further information for your discussion with your doctor.  The Medicinenet site is particularly informative.

But do seek medical advice because rectal bleeding is never normal.

regards
Morecambe