can swine flu aggravate IBS?
My 13 yr old son has had IBS since he was old enough to be diagnosed. When he was a baby he had reflux and terrible stomache aches. He also used to suffer from anxiety attacks and it is a battle to keep his weight up. I have worked with him to find foods which tend not to agree with him (he eats well and healthly) and we use relaxation and visualisation techniques. He used to take mebeverine, but it didn't appear to be effective. Every morning he sits on the loo for 20 mins x2 and has wind and loose stools. He had a scan and blood tests which were negative for coeliac, crhons, allergys. But if he eats diary, pork or some sweets he feels very bloated, sick and needs to go to the loo a lot. Then he got swine flu! Its 2 weeks since he appeared to recover and since then his symptoms are much worse (diarrea) with the inclusion of feeling sick and weak. He is totally fed up. The only place he says he feels happyest is on the loo. Doctor has perscibed ranatadine which has been taking for 2 days. How can I help my child feel better?????? Please help.
I dont think I can give you any advice other than the knowledge that there are millions of people facing the same daily fears as your son.  I being one of them. Give him a big hug and let him know he's not alone.  I think you will find some very helpful information on this website and others.
TRY THIS WEB SITE ON IBS

http://www.gutsense.org/gutsense/ibs.html