Aa
A
A
Close
chronic severe stomach pain with shaking
My daughter is 6 years old.  She has seen a pediatric gastroenterology.   She has periodic episodes during the night time where she wakes up crying with severe stomach pain around the belly button.  She is shaking uncontrollably.  She has had a barium dye test and ultrasound.  This has been occurring for the past year.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Has she been tested for pancreas, gallbladder and celiac problems? I know that may sound strange, but there is no lower age limit for GI issues.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
She had an ultrasound of the lower GI tract which came back normal.  She has also had the barium dye test(I think upper GI) which came back normal, but she still continues to have recurring episodes of stomach pain and shaking.  We are thinking of getting a second opinion at this point but do not know where to start.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
A long shot for a reply here, but I have a 10 year old daughter with the exact same symptoms.  Did anything ever come of this?  I find threads where people are talking about the same symptoms, but none of the threads (being years old) have ever been replied to with anything.  Even a "we never found anything and this went away on its own" or "it is still happening 7 years later when she is a teenager"...  Anyone know how this nightmare ends???
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank