elevated lipase
My lipase level is only 356 but am having nausea everytime I eat some back and stomace pain and headache any ideas???

This discussion is related to Elevated lipase level.
Have you been checked for pancreatic issues? And if you are currently experiencing pancreatic problems are you following a diet that reduces foods that are high in fat?
If you are experiencing pancreatic issues, it's going to take some time for the discomfort to diminish.
my lipase level is 307. in 11/08 i had a kidney and pancreas transplant. i am currently in the hospital now for rejection. i came in with a lipase of over 1000. it is now down to 307 after 5 treatments of thymogloblulin and amylase is 191. what are normal lipase levels. i was led to believe they are 25-50. is that correct? and if they've already given me 5 doses of thymo then what is the next step or what else can be done. i've been on a lowfat diet for a week now. how long does it take for the diet to take effect on the number
My doctor says that my amylace & lipase levels are elevated. but after reading what the normal range is, I feel that they are normal. The amylase level is 135 and the lipase level is 90.  I recently saw him for pain in the upper part of my stomach and to the left side, I had nausea and diarrhea, and a temp. of 100. this occured 2 times within a 2 week period. I had blood work done 2 times within 2 weeks and the levels stayed the same. I also had an ultra sound that showed that I had gall stones. I saw him again to discuss the ulta sound and he examined my upper and lower part of my stomach, I did feel discomfort in the left side and middle upper part of my stomach.  I will have another blood test taken and if the levels are still elevated he will send me for a ct scan.  I would also like to mention that I had a colostomy approx. 2 years ago and since reversed for a perforated intestine. The pain that I felt when he was examining me was where the scar from the colostomy was, would my intestines have anything to do with higher levels ?  Please let me know if I have anything to worry about.  Thank you.
You have responded to an old, outdated thread from 2009.  The people who originally posted these comments may very well have moved on.  Rather than reply to an old thread, we recommend that people start a new topic to discuss the subject anew.  To do that, please click on the green "Post a Question" button at the top of the page.  This will get your post the attention it deserves.  Thank you.