Gastroenterology Community
floride tooth paste and stomach pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

floride tooth paste and stomach pain

I think I may be on to part of my stomach pain.
ONe week ago I started using perscription strength floride toothpaste.  I tried not to get it on my tounge and didnt not swallow any, but I'll bet that is why this awful new stomach pain has come.
Has anyone had this from floride tooth paste??
Nausia and severe abdominal pain and tenderness.
EG
Hi again! it is possible.I been using prescription toothpaste for years and your post gave me idea to research it,but I still feel I have other issue's going on.How long have you had pain/symptoms for? do you have metal fillings?

What I came across was heavy metal toxins.Aluminum is in toothpaste.I would think it would take HUGE amounts for symptoms to be noticable or do any harm.Here are stomach symptoms I found related to toothpaste/aluminum toxins:
appetite loss,colitis,flatulence,nausea,heartburn,stomach pain,spleen pain,reduced intenstial activity,difficulties in swallowing,irregular heartbeat (palpitations)with anxiety,pains in left part of the chest,gastrointestinal irritation.
Keep in mind alot of disorders mimic these (gastroparesis)
If your interested in reading more here is the link
http://www.detoxamin.com/index.asp?pgid=29

By the way , it has been 3 days since I stopped the toothpaste and my stomach is 80% better!!

I know that was part of my problem.  I am adding all this to my diary and going to the health store for toothpaste today.
I had intestinal gas and pain of bloating for over 8 years. It seemed like uncontrolled lactose intolerance since that set it off but lactase enzyme didn't help all that much.  I went to gastroenterologists and told to take simethicone or peptobismal, everyday. In this time I'd used Colgates, Crest, Aim, Pepsodent and never associated them with the problem. The day I switched to Tom's All Natural, I got well. It has been a month of feeling well. It's the only thing I changed, but now I can drink milk and eat cheese and ice cream again.  I might be sensitive to fluoride or it might be sorbitol, saccharin, or something in flavoring or coloring, but I'm happy to be well.
Thanks for sharing your experiences! My body is quite sensitive to things and I have many illnesses, but lately I've been seeing improvements with natural therapies and nutrition changes. I've been able to see how the things I eat or use affect me, either for good or bad.

My stomach suddenly started hurting while I was brushing my teeth and I felt that the toothpaste was the direct cause. I'm highly sensitive to toxic substances and I knew this feeling was due to a chemical, so I suspected the fluoride. I wanted to pitch the toothpaste in the trash, but first decided to check online if it could actually be the cause. After seeing that many people also get sick with chemical-laden toothpastes, I'm done using Colgate. I'll be shopping for natural toothpaste later today. :-)