Gastroenterology Community
foul smelling flatulence all time

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Viewing 201-237 comments:
I am taking diatomaceous earth to see if there is any improvement.  Will try Moringa Oleifera after that.
Be sure to take enzymes as a digestive aid.  Enzymes help to break down fats, carbs, and even help to process fiber in your gut.  Partially or poorly digested food can cause lots of issues.  Enzymes and psyllium fiber help move the chime through the gut as it is supposed to.  Be sure to have your gall bladder checked, plus all those recommendations re: iliac disease, Chrons disease, or diverticulitis.
My x had the same problem with her breath. It was very nasty all the time. I couldnt even kiss her. Finally she went to my dentist he said she had bacteria in her gums. Her gums would have to be cut and cleaned to kill the bacteria..

Good luck
I had incredibly foul gas, bloating, and the upper right abdominal pain similar to what was mentioned in the first few posts. I have been living with digestive issues for years, and have been tweaking my diet constantly to find out what works and what doesn't. I am a medical nurse, so this issue became a bit of a personal crusade for me.
For me the discomfort and foul smells come after eating lots of starches. It didn't take long for me to figure out that yeast (fermentation) was the issue. Even healthy foods like fruit or whole grains will ferment, causing large amounts of 'rotten' gasses. The only way I've found to combat this is to eat a natural low-carb diet. I removed all bread, rice, pasta, potatoes... basically all starchy foods. I also cut out most dairy (although high-fat cheeses and butter seem to be OK in moderation). I also noticed that protein bars and most protein shakes also cause terrible gas, probably from a combination of milk sugars and sugar alcohols.. My diet today consist of non-starchy veggies, avocado, red meat, fish and poultry, and low-sugar fruits like berries and melon in moderation. When I eat like this, I have NO gas.
I have been trying to solve the underlying yeast problem (I really miss eating bread!), but no luck yet. I may never find the cure... but the diet solves the gas problem. Try it for 2-3 days and see if it helps you, too. The "Paleo" diet seems to meet my needs the best, lots of advice and recipes are out there. The diet itself is healthy, and the underlying research is sound..
Good luck, and I hope this helps!
Try a low carb diet, take away the source of the gas, when I switch to low carb I rarely have gas.
Gall stones..most definately.
The gall bladder is not working as it should and the food is not digested.
I am about to have my gall bladder removed because i have stones. i have very bad gas and bloating after eating.
Tony
Have you gone through root canal surgery on any of your tooth in your life, if yes than try finding bacterial infections caused by it and consider removing that tooth.
try colon cleaner you can get it in pills
it works and helps relieve at the same time
try it for one week and let me know but you must take it with lunch or dinner and there no special brand
try it md
Hey everybody, Flatguy27,

Sorry to hear about your story. I am no doc but I think that people are not focusing on some of the more telling symptoms.

this is what you said were the symptoms:

I feel that I release more gas when I sit.
I have some sort of mild burning sensation near my left chest after eating.
I release foul smelling gas whether I eat or starve.
I have wetness near my anal region.
My breath also smells bad.

I would like to focus on the burning sensation that you encounter after eating in your left part of the chest. This is a typical sign of acid reflux disease or Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which is often reffered to as heart burn. In most cases, this will disrupt the rest of your digestive system (which will affect you flatulence problem) and also affect your breath.

I would go and see your doc and suggest that you have this problem and get some Antacid to control this issue.

I hope this solves the problem.
I am also experiencing same thing.Did u solve your issue.
hey..... m also havin the same problm frm 3-4years actualy m a shy kind of person i can't discuss it wid any1 and there is no way that i can go and  buy differnt medicines mentioned earlier, kindly sum1 help me in tellin some home remedies for gettin rid of flatulence, i want to kill myself due to this prblm i hav no social life people laugh at me, i just want to hide my self frm the world with this emberecing disease................
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sum1 help meeeeeeeee PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I know this is from a few years ago but I'm hoping I can help anyone going through threads looking for relief from this issue. I have dealt with it previously and found that taking probiotics helps tremendously. I started talking some and the issue completely went away then I got lazy slacked on taking them and it was back with a vengeance. You have to take them everyday around the same time no excepts or it doesn't work and it does take about a week for them to start working. Its not something you can just take for a quick fix like gas-x because it works BT building good bacteria in your digestive track. Hope this helps someone!
You can also try 1 tablespoon of Braggs organic apple cider vinegar in a
glass of water and sip on it through out the day or after or before a meal. The Apple cider vinegar helps to flush the toxins out of the body. You can also use probiotics and nutritional enzymes , you should take these before a meal.  You can get these products from the health food store. There is also a website called earthclinic.com, this website offers a lot of natural remedies. Type in your problems, and it will direct you to page with natural remedies.
Also, when drinking the Braggs Apple Cider vinegar daily,in water, you should drink it with a straw, to protect your teeth, especially if this remedy works for you and you are drinking this daily.
Along with this gas, do you experience low cramps?  My situation is no gas and cramps.. then sometimes when I have these cramps, if I can pass gas, it will go away...  These cramps are all new to my experience with IBS?
I have all the symptims as you and many if the respondents. In my case it is liver related, ibcludibg the oain in the rib area. Good luck john
Yes I feel cramps in stomach when I am unable to pass gas . Can you please help me by telling how to decrease acid level of stomach . I think I should try it . Thanks
I think it's a good idea to talk to your family members about your chronic gas problem.  Because, some gas problems and other medical conditions may run in the family.  Some of your other family members for example, your mother, grandmother, or sister etc, may have experienced the same problem.  So, they may be able to give you information on products that they used to combat this problem, or be able to give you answers to understand what type of problem you are really dealing with, because some issues are generational, and this can save you a lot of time, energy, and problems etc. I know that this problem is so embarrassing and it's hard to share this type of problem with others, and sometimes we may try to deal with these issue by ourselves, but if you have suffered for years and years and haven't found a solution, it's time to get some help, forget about the embarrassment, because it's more embarrassing to continue with this problem, without a solution  .Hope this helps.
Can anyone please tell what is the reason of this bad smell throughout day. Is it because of parasite or bacteria  ? Does it reproduce automatically without eating anything? Please help in detail . Thanks
I am dealing with this now too ; I'm a female college student & it's so embarrassing since I'm around people all day. don't even feel myself realeasing gas but I smell it and I can tell people smell it too. It only happens when I sit ,It just started after I began taking antibiotics I'm hoping its just a side affect to the antibiotics
This is embarrassing.I am having a similar problem and i even think that it's not a real sickness and may be a curse.Get in touch and let's find out who  has got the solution.
I am having the same problem and I to am on Synthroid.  However, we are trying Levythroxine and I have always been on Synthroid.  Now I am wondering if that is the cause of my stinky gas.
Im considering getting tested for pancreatitis because I have the same symptoms.
Bad breath comes from not flossing. the food that get between the teeth is what makes your breath stink. Next time you floss smell the floss you will see.I raise with peroxide after I've floss than I brush. I also take a towel a dry towel and wipe my tounge to clean it. My gas just started this week.and it smells so bad .I think its the veggies I'm eating.
Hey guys, this sounds like LEAKY GUT SYNDROME, have a read up on this, especially LEXII. The antibiotics have nullified the good bacteria in your gut, paving way for a CANDIDA overgrowth. In turn, one of the side effects are this leaky gut syndrome in your large intestine. Doctor's DO NOT recognize this problem and are not taught this in med school, and do not believe it because so far no one has been able to prove it, but showing signs are out there and it is only a matter of time.

LEAKY GUT SYNDROME is what most are dealing with!!! READ ABOUT IT AND CANDIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where do you get this oil...does it come in a pill form?  hope to hear from you ...Janesey1
where I can get Oil Oregano? Please answer me in
***@****  thank you so much
The oil of oregano comes in liquid form.
You can get it at the health food store, but make sure that you get the "Oil of Oregano, Oreganol Wild hand picked P73", this is the best and purest form. You can put 1 -2 drops in a glass of water and take before a meal to see if it helps you.  However, if you have gas all the time after you eat any foods, make sure you try a good digestive enzyme with each meal, because when your food doesn't digest properly in the body, the food will rot in the body, and that's what causes the foul odors.

I also think that sometimes this problem may also be connected with stress.If you have tried everything and nothing works.  Consider what you were doing before the bad gas started, what changed in your life?  For example, were you working a stressful job,, working long hours, was there a major change of your life or routine, etc?  Our bodies aren't built to constantly handle stress.  If we live with stress day in and day out for months and years, this can cause all kinds of problems to the body. We have to make sure that we find inner peace,,eat a healthy diet, get proper rest, drink plenty of water, exercise, and be good to ourselves. Also, keep a food diary and try to pin point the foods that causes the gas problems, then eliminate them. A poor diet over a period of time can also cause digestive/gas problems.You may have to continue to try different things until you find the answer, and never give up!!
I am dealing with candida overgrowth right now and oh what a battle. I agree doctors will not acknowledge this but it is a real condition that if treated properly I believe will be remedied. I had severly foul smelling gas and since I have elimited sugar( for the most part) from my diet it seems much better...but when I do break down and have a doughnut or something sweet...there is that terrible smell again. Good Advice
Hi, I read your post and it relates to me so much. I'm a female college student also and I have constant gas/odor problem, its caused a lot of depression in my life. It happens mostly when I sit down and sometimes I'm not aware of it either. I often feel trapped because of this. And I just wanted to know how you were holding up? Did you find a solution that has helped you?
I've had an odor/excessive flatulence problem for 7 years now. And when I say it has made my life very depressing, its not an exaggeration. My life is completely dreadful because of this problem.

I'm 19 years old and I feel like a shell of a person. I've isolated myself and I'm physically scared to be around others because I'm nervous they'll smell my odor. Its a terrible way to live.

Here's some things I noticed:

-When I sit down the gas is worse
-When in a stressed environment the flatulence gets worse
-I can't smell the odor
-Even when there's no flatulence apparently there's still an odor

Things I'm currently trying:

-Activated charcoal pills (I noticed they help a little with the amount of gas but not with the odor.)
-chlorophyll pills (I haven't noticed any changes when using this, I've only been using it for a short time so I'll continue to use it and see what happens.)
-Detox Baths
-Colon cleansers
-Eating healthier -more vegetables, fruit, yogurt

Things I'm going to try
-Oil of oregano (I heard great reviews on it - I just ordered it)
-Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar (I heard some amazing things about this, I'm excited to try it.)

Finding this site and seeing that I'm not alone has been the most relief I've felt in while. Anyone feel free to message me. I just really need someone to talk to that can relate to me.
Try drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, but heat the water, the same temperature that you would heat a cup of tea, and put flesh lemon juice from a lemon in the water and drink daily, I have personally found that this helps to internally cleanse the body, and when I have consistently done this, I have been able to smell the flatulence.  I think this is good, because it lets you know that you are daily cleansing  the body from the inside out, and it allows you to be able to smell the odor, this helps, because if you are out in public and can smell the flatulence, you can move away from others, avoid embarrassment etc. After you have tried the remedies that you have stated, also try digestive enzymes with each meal, and also if you are lactose intolerant, which means you have problem drinking milk and eating dairy products, also purchase Lactaid enzymes, and this will help your body to effectively digest daily foods and eliminate the gas. The enzymes help to break down the foods in the body. When you constantly have gas every time you eat food, it maybe because the foods aren't being fully digested in the body. This is the trick to taking enzymes you have to consistently take them for period of time, at least for a month to see some real results, sometime when trying differently remedies, we stop taking the remedies, before they have time to work, a lot of the remedies you have to be consistent and it a may take some time for you body to adjust to them. Also try probiotics, which adds good bacteria to the stomach, and helps to get rid of gas. You mentioned that the flatulence increases when you are stressed, You are going to have to find away to eliminate the stress, what ever way you can. Maybe take some online college courses etc. The last note, try earthclinic.com, it is an Excellent website created by a professional Doctor, and people from all over the world go to this site to get help for different physical problems. Once you are on the website, type in your problem, and then it will lead you  to different discussions and natural remedies for that problem.  Don't give Up!!
One other thing I forgot to state, which seem to go without saying, but a lot of times when we constantly have gas, it's because we have to eliminate waste from the body, meaning we need to do no. 2, Sometimes peoples body changes and instead of the body just eliminating the waste.  The body has a new or different way to let you know it's trying to eliminate  the waste.  This may happen because we aren't drinking enough water, the body had changed etc. And I find when I have taken enmyes, probiotics etc, and I still have that gas problem, it's time to go to the bathroom, it doesn't have to be a lot of elimination. sometimes just a tiny amount, can cause the gas to stop.
Thanks so much for all the advice!
I'm an older woman, 61. I've suffered from gi problems all my life. 3 years ago 1/2 of my colon had to be removed. I have thyroid desease, Hoshimoto's. Most Drs. don't put it together, but people with thyriod disorder have gi problems and some times heart attachs at a young age, I did. So, after the surgury I developed fibromyalgai. It all runs in the family. I got to sick to work, it's totally miserable.
So the good part. Yes it does take the total elimination diet "google leeky gut syndrome. I'm gluten intolerant. No gluten, no fibrmyalgia. Also, thru my life I was always better no a low carb diet and excersize. I mean ALOT better. No cheese, no eggs, no gluten. No processed sugar. Yes, it's very hard and for me it took 8-9 months to rid myself of the pain and suffering that had become debilitaing. Don't let it go so far. No Drs. ever suggested diet, some how it was all my fault. But this was not true. A strict diet helped me. And it doesn't show up in your tsh when your young. Drs have to do ALL the thyroid tests. t3, free t3, t4. I'm intolerant to synthroid. I went to a specialist who had a relationship with a compounding pharmacy. This is a lot of info, but I lived threw it and wish I could do some thing so young people don't have to suffer. BTW smelly gas=so much sugar and gluten. Gluten is in beer, not other alcahols. But you have to lower sugar and alcahol (alcohol) turns to sugar. I had to give up my beloved wine. I still drink a little, rum doesn't seem to hurt if just some. Strange! Don't believe DRS, they think, so what? It's just you r thyroid doesn't work take more synthryiod. My body couldn't handle that..it was like speed because it was not converting correctly in my body. I hope in the future all these issues will be tied together and taken seriously by the medical community. Now, we have to do it our selves. The diet works! But it's hard, however, so is constant gas and joint , body pain. remember google "leeky gut".
did the Oil of oregano or the Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar help you??
please reply ASAP
You are not alone, I have the same problem for 30 years. I have being able to reduce with a strict vegetarian diet, antialergic and gluten free food and practicing Kegel excersices. The problem is very complex, there are many factors involve, including, genetical.  
Sorry for the last response I need to check this site more. Unfortunately I didn't notice much of a difference when taking the oil of oregano or bragg apple cider vinegar . Its weird because I had been showing signs of parasites like this weird freaky thing came out of me while I was taking those products. So I decided to do a parasite cleanse and honestly the parasite cleanse is the only thing that's helped reduce the gas I had.

Mix one tsp honey in a little warm water & drink this twice a day - once before bedtime & once in the morning with breakfast. This will help regulate your bowels & bring relief to constipation. Also try having green tea in the mornings with some honey & light Activia yogurt. This has helped me tremendously & hope will help others too suffering from smelly gas, constipation & people not being able to enjoy foods they love!
woodchick gets it. Pay attention to what she's saying. It's spot on. If you reduce your carb intake, you will reduce your gas output, (not to mention the possible improvement of a variety of other problems such as acid reflux). This is something experienced by me many years ago, and also by just about anyone I know who has dabbled with a low or reduced carbohydrate diet. Those that would cite fat as the source of a problem like this are misinformed.
One analogy used by a prominent pair of authors on the subject of low carb noted that when bootleggers want to induce fermentation, they add sugar to the still. It works that way in your gut as well - add carbs (sugar), induce fermentation.      
Do you eat any grains for example, barley, millet etc, If not how do you get by without eating any starches?  Do you have a problem with taking calcium or iron supplements, and if you do, what is your alternative?

Marge
ITS A CANDIDA AFFLICTION

APPLE CIDER VINIGAR,

IT CAN BECOME CRONIC (chronic), I HAVE IT, HAVE HAD YOUR THRUSH SYMPTOMS LONG AGO,,

READ, READ, READ,

YOU FEEL BETTER GETTING RID OF IT,

WARREN
GREAT ADVISE USING THE STRAW, AND APPLE CIDER,

ITS CANDIDA, I HAVE BEEN BATTLING FOR YRS.

I quit smoking with NICOTENE LOZENGERS. now I am smoke free, but back on lozengers. the big issue is this,, UNBELIEVABLE GAS, LOUD NOISY, EMBARRASING, FARTS. NICOTENE LOZENGERS ARE MADE WITH BREWERS YEAST,, IT GIVES YOU CANDIDA, INTERNAL CANDIDA, CRAVINGS SWEETS, PIZZA, BRAD, TOAST, JUNK FOOD, THAT FEEDS THE YEAST INFECTION OVER GROWTH IN YOUR STOMACHE,
IT SAPS YOUR ENERGY, STRENGHTH, ETC, NOW ITS SO BAD,, I DRINK APPLE VINIGAR AND THE YEAST DYING OFF SMELLS LIKE AMONIA (ammonia),, AMONIA (ammonia),, I,LL NEVER GET LAID..
Viewing 201-237 comments: