Gastroenterology Community
gastrointestinal?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

gastrointestinal?

I am a 37 year old female who had gallbladder removal.  Still experiencing terrible chest pain, pain in my abdomen, bright yellow colored stools, vomiting.  WHY?  Surgery was in April.  Oh and I have numbness in my legs at times and I can't walk.  
I share your pain. I had my gallbladder removed in july 2010 and I have lost my job and my quality of life.  It was the worst thing I ever did. Every day I eat I have pain where my gb used to be, yellow, watery diarrhea w soft stools, heart palpitations and dizziness, pain in my navel so bad I almost vomit, tingling in my legs and arms
U name it! I have been diagnosed w non specific colitis out of the blue thru a colonoscopy and the medicines normally taken for colitis don't work. Try looking up something called post cholecystectomy syndrome. It may also be something that was missed thats called sphincter of oddi disfunction. I've been reading up on a drug called questran (powder) or colestipol (pill) that may help sop up the bile thats irritating our intestines. Ask ur gi. Hope this helps
Btw im a 31 yr old female.
Have you guys tried taking Fibre supplement everyday, such as metemucil once a day, probably wont cure anything but will help with the soft stool etc and make you more regular.  Also Suzy do you take an acid reducing medicine, i know after mine in January I had to take it for a couple of months everyday?  Hope you both feel better.
Thank you both for your response.  I must be frank...the symptoms are my daughters (she is the 37 year old) I'm 57 (ugh).  But she has been to emergency 3 times since the gallbladder surgery and just is at her wits end.  For 3 years (come this Thanksgiving) she has been dealing with these symptoms and we had hoped that the gallbladder surgery would be the answer she has been desperately seeking.  My idea to come on here and I just typed in her symptoms.  I can't thank you both enough as I can tell her that there are others that have suffered the same.  She has begun to feel like no one is listening or believes her.  I have encouraged her to keep a "Health book" with copies of all of her test results and a daily log of what she eats and when as well as the antacids and other pills they have her on.  The doctor that performed the surgery told her on thursday that he was no longer going to be seeing her.  Broke her heart.  I'm furious!  She is my baby (I know she is 37...but she is my little girl) and I'm going to help her get the answer for this.
Again...many thanks!  I will keep posting here as I find out more information.
I pray for you all that you have the strength for this journey & the encouragement that you need.

Blessings,
Suzie
Iam 34 years old and I no longer have a gallbladder and I've been hospitalized 2x for pancreatitis attacks but as of late I've been having sever pain in my upper quadratic right side and middle of my chest and I cannot eat even if I feel very hungry also sometimes when I do eat I cannot swallow I end up vomiting thick mucus u only feel better and am able to eat if I've taken a pain  pill what could this bee